My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
9,112 Posts
There are some machines that come with dual blades (Honda walkbehinds, some Gravelys, probably others) and people seem happy with their cut (I have no personal experience).

Edit: Those prices would have me making my own if I was in the market for doing this...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are some machines that come with dual blades (Honda walkbehinds, some Gravelys, probably others) and people seem happy with their cut (I have no personal experience).

Edit: Those prices would have me making my own if I was in the market for doing this...
I also thought of making my own by welding 2 blades at right angles to each other.
The welds must be perfectly centered and the same weight as "balance" would be an important issue.

·
Super Moderator
12,352 Posts
I've thought about this kind of stuff and then remembered that the spindles, deck, and belts aren't designed for the added weight of it. Kinda like those dual wiper blades of the 80s that slowed down your wipers with increased drag on the windshield.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've thought about this kind of stuff and then remembered that the spindles, deck, and belts aren't designed for the added weight of it. Kinda like those dual wiper blades of the 80s that slowed down your wipers with increased drag on the windshield.
That is also something I've considered and researched. Thanks for your comment. :)

·
Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
9,112 Posts
I wouldn't weld the blades together, as the weld points would introduce points of failure for no benefit over making a small plug to hold the two blades at 90 degree's.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't weld the blades together, as the weld points would introduce points of failure for no benefit over making a small plug to hold the two blades at 90 degree's.
Do you have the drawings/plans for making a small plug to hold the two blades at 90 degree's. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts