My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Citizen of Earth
15,185 Posts
Hmmmmmmm. I like the photo, but I can't get the video to play, says an error occurred.

·
Administrator
16,702 Posts
Also worked fine for me. Lot of great shots there, like the two steamers hooked together in the front pulling that tank up the hill with a steam pusher behind. Those re-enactors are really taking this seriously. Lot of good running equipment there. If I was those poor guys marching in the midst of all this (11:16) think I would have had my gas mask on with all the smoke.
MikeC

·
Administrator
13,435 Posts
Joe, switch to Full View mode temporarily and try the video. If you are using IE there is a security setting that may need to be changed to view videos on here in Classic View mode.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,185 Posts
Today, I was able to see the video. Wonderful to see all the vintage equipment in working order. I was pleasantly surprised that the marching soldiers were carrying rifles. I had thought with Britain's draconian gun control laws, that no one had rifles to carry. I have personally seen steam powered machines at local shows, but never that many all at once and never in a convoy down the streets. It must have been a marvel to watch.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
The rifles are likely non functioning replicas. Still, it is neat to see. I am a member of a collector's club, several members have operational steam tractors that are fascinating. Talk about torque:tango_face_surprise

·
Citizen of Earth
15,185 Posts
The rifles are likely non functioning replicas. Still, it is neat to see. I am a member of a collector's club, several members have operational steam tractors that are fascinating. Talk about torque:tango_face_surprise
Talk about torque is right! The one tractor show I attend has a saw mill powered by a steam tractor through a leather belt. That saw cuts thru 24 in diameter logs like butter and the engine doesn't even notice the load.

·
forkz
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i thought you guys would like it i like it to i would like to see a couple pulling in compiition

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,012 Posts
Really good video Forkz, thanks. My Grandson and I both enjoyed watching it.

Amazing machines considering everybody else was still riding horses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts