My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Did you see that?
411 Posts
Lookin at my new toy. If the wife approves. But seriously is the price to high or is it worth it??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/INGERSOLL-6...695?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41627ad66f
A good buddy of mine has one...when I first saw it, I thought 'who needs somethin like that?'...now after a year...it has been used for everything, from carryng motors, lifting construction projects scraping, moving snow, helping put very heavy metal brakes in place... just a myriad of things ...that I could never imagine doing.

is it worth $4200 oh **** ya...is it worth $4300 **** ya again...

Good Luck and if you get it ...you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
112 Posts
After owning one of these machines for 3 years, here is what I see:

The serial number puts the year of manufacture around 1990.
A little over 1000 hrs puts it at around 50 hrs per year.
The tractor looks straight for its age
The seller has repaired/replaced a number of items (plus he is painting the deck).

In addition to the tractor you get:
*1 pair of wheel weights (they look factory but normally come in Power Red) (37.5 lb. each).
*Tire chains
*HRM48H Hydraulic 3-pt finish mower.
*Looks like the seller has attached the lift cylinder arm (a $75 item that is often overlooked)

Negatives – Don't plan on using this combination as your primary mower. It handles like a lumber wagon and has the turning radius of the Titanic. It is better suited to mowing rough or large, flat areas. Other than that, it as amazing.

It is not the deal of the century, but, knowing what I do now about the capabilities of this combination, I would not hesitate to buy it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Somebody moved the thread here? Really?
If your intent is to kill the discussion, then mission accomplished.
If your intent is to help the poster get some help, put it back in Case_Ingersoll_Colt Forum.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Somebody moved the thread here? Really?
If your intent is to kill the discussion, then mission accomplished.
If your intent is to help the poster get some help, put it back in Case_Ingersoll_Colt Forum.
What's it worth threads get moved to the What Is It Worth forum. It is easier for us to manage this way. When the Ebay or CL link goes away, we don't have members being confused, wondering what the thread was about.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,672 Posts
Plus a redirect was left that will be there for a Month. Much longer than the ebay auction for the Ingy.
All anyone has to do is click the redirect and it will take them to this thread.:fing32:
But to stay with your question, yes it is,with the loader and mower, would be worth that price, imo. :fing32:

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,672 Posts
Not to cause hard feelings, but in the 20 hours that your thread was in the Case/Ingy forum you had 3 replies. I wouldn't say that it was a real hot/active topic. :sorry1:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not to cause hard feelings, but in the 20 hours that your thread was in the Case/Ingy forum you had 3 replies. I wouldn't say that it was a real hot/active topic. :sorry1:
Gentlemen,

Just to clarify:

1) I am not the OP.
2) I responded to the OP and included a summary of the ebay ad, so that when the eBay ad expires, readers still have a reference point.
3) If you look at the topic in context you will see that the OP had created threads exploring adding power steering/loader to a 3xxx series Ingersoll. In my mind, the eBay thread was just an extension of his exploration, not an 'I saw this on the side of the road" kind of question.

As to the 3 replies in 20 hours-
1) Since Tom's site started up, I see less and less activity on the Case Ingersoll Colt forum-across the board
2) The Case/Ingersoll loaders are relatively rare.
3) I drop by here everyday to see if anything pops up I can help with.
4) I do not see how moving the thread is in anyone's best interests.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,318 Posts
I am the one that moved this thread. The original question as posted by the OP, was asking whether or not the tractor in the ad was worth the price, hence, it was moved to the What's It Worth forum. This routinely occurs with all brands, across the board.

This thread had nothing to do with adding power steering or a loader to the OP's tractor. He was asking if the price on the tractor in the ad was good. Period.

This thread has nothing to do with Tom's site either. I've never seen his site but have heard some good feedback about it and I wish him well in his endeavor. Again, it has nothing to do with this thread.

Now, this subject is not open to debate. Anymore open debate on the forum and the thread will be closed. Please, feel free to discuss the value/worth of the tractor in the ad, but the location of this thread is a closed subject.

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts
It's worth 4200 all day long.

Image not available

• Enlarge

Sell one like this
INGERSOLL 6018 TRACTOR WITH BUCKET AND FINISH MOWER

Item condition:Used
Time left:7d 09h (Feb 21, 201217:26:05 PST)
Bid history:
0 bids[Refresh bidhistory]

Starting bid:US $4,200.00

Your max bid:US $
Place bidPlace bidPlace bid

(Enter US $4,200.00 or more)

Price:US $4,800.00Buy It Now
Buy It NowBuy It Now

Shipping:$1,000.00 Standard ShippingSee more services See shipping discounts

Service
Estimated delivery*
Price
Standard Shipping
Between Thu. Mar. 29 and Wed. Apr. 4

$1,000.00

*Estimated delivery dates include seller's handling time, and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment. Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods.

Item number:280825091695Item location:zeeland, MI, United StatesShips to:United States

He's got no bids at 4200, so he is reaching for a buy it now price of 4800.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.