My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past fall I decided to sell my troy bilt riding mower and upgrade to a garden tractor. Honestly I was looking at the JD's but I really dig the retro look so when I stumbled upon a case 446 in my area at a decent price I decided to make the purchase. I have received a lot of great advice (and some parts) from folks on this forum and it is greatly appreciated.

I finally got a chance to use it this evening even though there really wasn't that much snow I had to try it out. Man what a machine! I anticipated better performance than the LT but this thing was a horse. I had wheel weights and that was it. It worked like a charm. Next on the list is fixing that pesky throttle creep. I needed a third hand but it was fun.

I know everyone likes action shots and unfortunately my wife is sick and there is no way I could get her outside so you will have to settle for some post action shots. I'm embarrassed to show the pics because of the EXTREMELY messy garage but enjoy

·
Banned
4,069 Posts
They are great tractors for there size. Isn't it funny how powerful they are compared to a new 24 hp "tractor" with cup holders. P.S. your 446 looks really good :fing32:

You call that garage messy , I better never post any of mine :biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I can't make up my mind if I like the 446 or the 69' better. Both look great to me. You can see the floor in your shop so yours plenty clean.:thThumbsU

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,672 Posts
Nice looking Case! Like john your garage is spotless compared to mine. I have 2 paths that make a + so I can get around. :banghead3

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
The throttle creep might be a simple fix, just check to make sure all of the clamps and connections on your throttle cable are good and tight. Nice machine!

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts
GReat looking 446, and BTW, your garage is spotless in my eyes. :biglaugh::biglaugh:Only thing I see wrong is the Camaro being used as a lumber rack LOL:ROF

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
Great looking tractor. slkpk

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
YOU DID GOOD! You would have had to go way up in the JD line to match the capabilities of this tractor, I think. It looks new. The Camaro is nice, but I noticed also what looks like a Honda 70 Trail. I know it's not in a league with a car but it is a toy I want for riding around my few acres.:fing32:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again for the comments guys. I know, I need shelves :). The lumber you see is actually some quarter round that I have been trying to install for months and just not had time.

Kentucky Wildcat, it is actually a cheaper version of the honda (I forget the actual make). My dad retired a few years ago and and this was the first thing he purchased and then became bored with it after 2 years so I took it. I don't use it much other than to putt around the field or run around our neighborhood.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts