My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep got me a whole 15 minutes seat time for the month of Jan. Of course it was not moving snow, I had to put a new 1300lb hay bale in for the horses. It was +4 and I was driving in mud in Jan in Saskatchewan. Now understand I am not complaining as I much prefer this to -30 or -40 and outside for 3 or 4 hrs blowing out the yard every other day.

Who would have thought.

·
Super Moderator
24,003 Posts
I'd rather be outside blowing snow (but not at -40) for 3 - 4 hours than driving in Saskatchewan gumbo for any amount of time!!

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
I hear ya John, all I am doing is looking at the tractor everytime I pull the cars in and out of the garage. I have some other outside chores I could do, and thought about putting the FEL back on, but the yard is too wet, and the minute the blower comes off, you know what will happen.....:snowing:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man it is a crazy winter for sure. Supposed to be +9 today, I think the wife is gonna give the horses some exercise while I give the corral a good going over. Heck I think I will get the blower modified to work with the quick hitch as well.

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Don't feel bad guys I pulled my 216 apart sometime mid Nov.? It's still sitting as it was when I sent Ken in NJ the look what I took apart pictures! Really sad thing is I haven't needed it!:crybaby:

·
Registered
76 Posts
So I spent about 2 weeks making a soft cab for my JD LA130 after spending the previous winters deicing my face after clearing the parking area in -20°C. (-3°F for you U.S. types). JD offers nothing for these and the dealers sell glorified baggies on coat hanger wire frames. I worked from memory of the soft cab on my old Sears (Roper) GT18 and made my own. I had to modify the blower with an electric lift (ATV winch) and chute swivel ( GM window motor) in order to eliminate the levers. I did a thin Lexan windshield curved for rigidity. Very nice and cozy.

My beef? I got to use the thing only about 5 times so far this winter. But hey, we still have to get through February and March, both of which can bring big ( read DEEP) surprises up here near Montreal.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have been systematically boxblading the ice off my gravel driveway since the snows stopped. I have been fortunate to have had at least a little bit of occassional plowable snow. Enough that with all the slop rain events, I can at least get some seat time.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I spent about 2 weeks making a soft cab for my JD LA130 after spending the previous winters deicing my face after clearing the parking area in -20°C. (-3°F for you U.S. types). JD offers nothing for these and the dealers sell glorified baggies on coat hanger wire frames. I worked from memory of the soft cab on my old Sears (Roper) GT18 and made my own. I had to modify the blower with an electric lift (ATV winch) and chute swivel ( GM window motor) in order to eliminate the levers. I did a thin Lexan windshield curved for rigidity. Very nice and cozy.

My beef? I got to use the thing only about 5 times so far this winter. But hey, we still have to get through February and March, both of which can bring big ( read DEEP) surprises up here near Montreal.

Nice job on the cab. I am planning on either making one or getting an original Cab. Actually kinda happy the winter has gone as it has because I was going to buy one in the fall but one thing led to another and it never happened. It was getting pretty old over the years being out in the -30's blowing snow for 3 or 4 hours and our snow is so light you are going to get a face full regardless how careful you are. I have all the right clothes for the weather I just hate snow in the face.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, +7 yesterday and I at least managed to get my Farm King blower quick hitch ready as well as setting the QH up to work with my Landpride rear blade. So all was not lost on the weather.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.