My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well finally spring feels like its on the way.. it hit 50 today for the 1st time this year.. the snow is melting.. the ice on the pond ius almost gone.. i can see patches of ground at the bases of trees...

Finally its spring...

I need to get a pth to my shed so i can get my leaf blower and blow the tulip areas clean of leaves...

It will be good to be able to work in the yard without a snow suit on..:fest30:

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
We got up to 60 today...for about a 1/2 hour. I'll take it, was running around outside in my T-shirt...suppose to go back to normal tomorrow (in the low 40's) and rain ...possible snow...Oh well it's short lived this time of year.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
We are just over 50 but plenty of snow on the ground yet.

Just got back from skiing and it was a hard workout at that warm temperature.

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Isn`t it great , now it seems like it was a short winter , I think we got maybe , 4 inches of snow, this week is nice , mid 70`s so far this week.
Wind is blowin , around 30`s.
But It`s warm,

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
At this moment in Southern Indiana the sun is shining and it is a breezy 74 degrees. :D

So far today, I have mowed the lawn, changed oil in my Troy-Bilt Super Bronco, changed the oil in my Craftsman High Wheel Trimmer and went to town and bought a new nozzle for my garden hose.

Now, I'm ready to go to bed as I work 3rd shift and haven't been to bed yet. Not to worry though, I'm on a 3 day stretch off.

Man, it sure has been nice getting out of the house and doing some work on the machines though! :fing32:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
jjbyers said:
911Radioman, I grew up in Southern Indiana. Posey county. Anywhere near you?
If I'm not mistaken, isn't that out around Evansville? I'm in Clark county, about 25 miles north of Louisville.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
A balmy 68 here in Northern WV today with lots of sun shine, must say it certainley is nice and I believe I might just take the ole snow blade off and install the deck this coming week :fing32:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Si

911radioman said:
If I'm not mistaken, isn't that out around Evansville? I'm in Clark county, about 25 miles north of Louisville.
Yeah, it's the next county west of Evansville. Loved it, great place to grow up! Still have alot of family there.

So your just north of Jeffersonville?

Do you remember Santa Claus Land?

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
jjbyers said:
Yeah, it's the next county west of Evansville. Loved it, great place to grow up! Still have alot of family there.

So your just north of Jeffersonville?

Do you remember Santa Claus Land?
I'm in a small town northeast of Jeffersonville called New Washington. Yes, I remember Santa Claus Land, its called Holiday World now. We took our kids there last summer. First time I'd been there since I was about 10 years old (39 now). Sure has changed a lot!

·
Retired - Veteran Mod
6,791 Posts
Well, I missed this thread, yesterday. The radio said we hit 90 (yesterday). It wasn't QUITE that warm today, but pretty close.

'Course, there's supposed to be a front come through tonight... thunderstorms and tomorrow's high about 68...

Welcome to Texas... :eck21:

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Steve (Magnolia said:
Well, I missed this thread, yesterday. The radio said we hit 90 (yesterday).
90 degrees.. nice... thats just a bit too hot for me.. especially in march...

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Its was low 70's yesterday, and about 70 today! Woo-Hoo. Finally! Oh wait- snow in the weekend forecast?

Only in Ohio. I guess all good things must come to an end. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of cold weather. It cant possibly hold out much longer.

Greg

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Admin said:
90 degrees.. nice... thats just a bit too hot for me.. especially in march...
We can hit 90 mid summer, but it doesn't happen very often.

The only place I want to see a thermometer reading 90 is when the sauna is warming up. That one can keep climbing to 170-185.

Outside, I prefer lower to mid 60's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts