My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
I do web hosting and I thought I would offer you Gravely guys free image/picture hosting since I am not a Gravely expert and don't have much expertise to offer and I have gotten so much help from you guys. I can only host your pictures, not video since it take up too much bandwidth, you can host your videos on youtube for free.

Would this be something you would be interested in? Yes, No, Maybe

Admin, please don't move my post.. I am only offering this to the the Gravely guys.

John

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Photobucket/Picasa and numerous others are Good Host Sites for Pictures and they are not prejudiced to what Brand you own. They are Free and not much chance of going away. They also have a IT staff that supports them

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
2ndly, how are you going to determine if a Member has a Gravely or not?:dunno:

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
Oh yea, this will get interesting...

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,564 Posts
Seems kind of offensive to attack a guy over offering a free service to the Gravely guys on this forum, and not in the MTF spirit at all ....
Not offensive at all..

We have an MTF Gallery (free) we have an MTF Garage (free) we have a feature(in your Profile) that you can upload Albums (free)..Why would a Member have to go elsewhere??

TheAlbums are linked to the Members Profile so you can see his collection..:fing32:

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,564 Posts
You're right, there are plenty of options. I think the O/P was just generally offering free pic hosting to those who have given him Gravely advice in the past, not necessarily for MTF related purposes!
Gravely and MTF seem to go together..
<----------
Looking to the left to my username, you see an Avatar of my Ford 2N. You will also see that I have 61 images relating to my Fords and other machines..(Gravely Owners have this option)..You will also see that I have a Garage that shows some of my implements..Click on my Profile and you will see I have 4 Albums of my house and related things..All free right here in a nut shell..Any Ford enthusiast can click and view all without leaving MTF..:thanku:

:thanku: jpmill for your offer...:thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
3,028 Posts
Thank you John,

I believe there are some bigger players out there, MSN will give you 25 gigs of free storage but you have to have an invite to view or have a hotmail account to access the photos. Flicker, Photobucket, Utube, so many that offer free stuff; but you have to endure some sort of, "take a look at this!" before you are allowed to view whatever.

This site is great because you can insert photos into a post!

And it is kind of neat the way there is 'advertising' between the different replys to a post.

Roger,

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I offered the free image hosting to the Gravely guys not knowing about all the free image hosting MTF offers. I thought you can only post 10 images in your album. I like to look at the pictures guys post so I thought it would be a nice gesture to offer the image hosting so we can have more pictures to gawk at.
However I could not offer it to all 6,000 members (I believe that's how many member there are) for obvious reasons.
I did not mean to offend or upset anybody with my offer. I think I'll go eat dirt now LOL

Hey, take me up on my offer or not. It's not worth getting your shorts in a wad.:imnotlist

John

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
I am not interested. I have my own website.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Thanks jpmill - it's a good idea for members who don't want to mess with a big website account like photobucket. Since I have a Facebook page, I am currently using that for photos and will continue to do so as long as it doesn't get out of hand. I do appreciate your offer.

MTF image hosting is nice and handy, but the pictures are way to small to show any detail. It appears the image is limited to 600x450. That is the reason I use another site for image hosting. To the mods - I'm not complaining. This is a great site. The other forums I belong to don't offer any sort of image hosting whatsoever. Just explaining why I personally don't use the MTF image gallery.

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
fwiw I also have my own server, so no need of image hosting, but I say Yay to jpmill's offer. Somebody has a solution they like better, no problem, but I like seeing the folks in the community offer to help out. Kudos, John! :thThumbsU

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ken,
thanks for the info. However when I click on your "61" link I get this...

jpmill, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
what's up with that?

Not offensive at all..

We have an MTF Gallery (free) we have an MTF Garage (free) we have a feature(in your Profile) that you can upload Albums (free)..Why would a Member have to go elsewhere??

TheAlbums are linked to the Members Profile so you can see his collection..:fing32:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, when I click on someone's nicname (even mine) and click on the "gallery" tab and click on any of these links...
+ Most Viewed
+ Newest
+ Most Comments
+ Highest Rated
+ Show All

I get the same message ... you do not have permissions to access this page. So maybe my account is messed up somehow. Maybe a moderator will see this post and fix my acct (hint hint mods hehe)

John

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
That is very odd. We'll push it up the ladder and see what is going on.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts