My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
The only thing that I would caution is pick your restoration wisely... I knew a fellow who did a full nut and bolt restoration on a 111 gear driven tractor. He sunk more money into that machine than anyone should. When it was done he wanted to sell it and do another he really took a bath on it.

It is not that any tractor is not worthy of restoration, just think about what you will be doing with it once you are done. If you keep it what will it be used for? The weak part on that tractor is the rearend.
Are there any other restoration worthy machines out there? ... choose wisely is all that I am saying.

Katt you did a fine job on Rusty. It inspires others to do there own restorations. :congrats:

·
Super Moderator
15,491 Posts

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
Keep in mind what the top of the mark restored asking price is. If you get past that number, don't expect to sell it. I might go for a larger machine, such as a 200 or 300K series tractor. They are less electronic and straightforward projects. The 100 Kawa series are great tractors, they just aren't going for that much either way.

·
hey, 300 plus
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice guys. Not looking to make money, just looking for a project to learn on and add the to the Herd. What is better than one tractor? More than one tractor!

Will keep looking and see if I can find something more desirable and a little easier to start my first project with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts