My Tractor Forum banner
321 - 337 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
On another forum that I hang out on, one of the guys showed his wife how to use their zero turn mower. Now he cannot get it away from her. You might consider a similar strategy.

Glad to see you are almost finished.
Tried that 2 years ago and although it's not a zero turn, after one lot of cutting, she refused to do it again - everything outside is a "blue" job apparently.........

·
Administrator
17,822 Posts
That might change after you get this big boy finished. Heat, AC and sitting high above everything else... all the comforts of home. Better hide the keys...:whistle:
MikeC

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
Not going to hook up the ac just yet, rare I need it in my climate anyways......
After much tracing of wires, all gauges are now working as are all the external connected lights (not put the hood on yet), heater, radio and interior lights. I do have a couple of wires that go into the dash but not sure what they connect to, could be the alternator.
Had an issue with my front drive shaft for the hydraulic charge pump, good idea, poor welding - so until I redo that, no hydraulics yet - shouldn't stop me from driving it in the next couple of days once I've tidies up the hoses and wires, so close now 😁

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
so after one trapped finger, one black eye, one ignoring of the instructions to install a part (which led to the black eye, **** suspension struts) the hood is now on and it looks a lot bigger all of a sudden. Also turns out that my custom subframe may be about an inch off, which, to be honest, I'll take. still need to tidy up hoses and wiring and I'm waiting on a part for the hydraulic pump - hopefully test drive it this weekend
IMG_20210527_161221.jpg IMG_20210527_161139.jpg IMG_20210527_161130.jpg IMG_20210527_154515.jpg

·
Administrator
17,822 Posts
After all that you have done with this conception and build, that "inch off" isn't even worth mentioning. A superb outcome that many thought would never come to fuition. Well done!(y)
MikeC
BTW - Nice rear wall to the Quonset hut. Bet you wish you had that hay to block those cold winter winds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey All,

I'm new here and wondered if there would be any appetite for me to post my experience, so far, of importing a tractor (first a 75hp one, kind of a long story) then a 130hp rated one without an engine, from China to Alberta, Canada through sourcing on Alibaba.com?

Much as I would have liked to buy North American, I just don't have the funds and as I've 120 acres of land to clear as its been neglected pasture for 10-15 years, all my research pointed towards a skidsteer and supplemental tractor

Let me know if there's interest and if I get at least 5 people wanting to have a bit of a giggle at a City Boy trying his hand at being a Country Boy, I'll start writing

Plug
[/QUOT

Did you order one from Alibaba? What was import fees and taxes and may I ask what one you ordered looking as well but don't want to be stuck with a huge bill at end

·
Super Moderator
37,082 Posts
so after one trapped finger, one black eye, one ignoring of the instructions to install a part (which led to the black eye, **** suspension struts) the hood is now on and it looks a lot bigger all of a sudden. Also turns out that my custom subframe may be about an inch off, which, to be honest, I'll take. still need to tidy up hoses and wiring and I'm waiting on a part for the hydraulic pump - hopefully test drive it this weekend
View attachment 2505524 View attachment 2505522 View attachment 2505523 View attachment 2505524 View attachment 2505525
Wow, looking like a mean machine now! Glad to see this coming to fruition.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
Don't mean to tease but.....fitted the exhaust, tidied some wires and finally, finally took it for a test drive, only a short one as haven't yet got a radiator fan. A couple of gear grinds and didn't test everything such as creeper, diff lock, 4WD. I also realised I didn't hook up the fuel return line, oops......
Bottom line though, it moves 😁
Will try and get a vid of it once I've fitted a radiator fan and given it a wash 😁

·
Super Moderator
37,082 Posts
Don't mean to tease but.....fitted the exhaust, tidied some wires and finally, finally took it for a test drive, only a short one as haven't yet got a radiator fan. A couple of gear grinds and didn't test everything such as creeper, diff lock, 4WD. I also realised I didn't hook up the fuel return line, oops......
Bottom line though, it moves 😁
Will try and get a vid of it once I've fitted a radiator fan and given it a wash 😁
Congrats, that was a long arduous journey to get to that ride.

·
Administrator
17,822 Posts
To be fair, I started it to save a few bucks and have an excuse to learn new stuff, I just underestimated exactly how much learning was involved.........
A long road and one that we are happy to have been along for the trip. You have gotten the experience of a lifetime. And a successful one at that.(y)(y)
MikeC

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #335 ·
Not much on the tractor unfortunately, things are generally drying out round here, no overnight frost for 2 weeks now (yes I know it's June.....) , road bans have been lifted so paid work is picking up after 2 months of minimal work. Waiting on a bigger radiator fan that I ordered as temp was getting a little warm on a test drive and just got a Lovejoy connector to fit on the hydraulic charge pump to fit

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
Still waiting on the rad fan, hot weather for the next week or so plus I'm working every other day at the moment

·
Administrator
17,822 Posts
That's the normal three "W's" of any big project. Work, Weather and Waiting for parts. Just letting you know we're right here with you as you close in on "Project Done."
MikeC

321 - 337 of 337 Posts