My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2002 Ford F250 4x4 crew cab Triton V10 has a big problem. We had no choice but to get gas from this truck. We left about 5 gallons in it and my dad went to go start it to make sure everything is ok. Well it isn't because it won't crank over or anything. I know the battery is good it is brand new. We have taken gas out of this truck before and no problems but I took the battery cable off when we did it. The truck is in perfect shape and I want it running it is the most important truck to me on the ranch. Please help please. The truck was running perfectly fine yesterday and now nothing.:crybaby:
Trav

·
Registered
709 Posts
if it wont crank then taking gas out wasnt the issue; I take "won't crank"/wont "turn over to mean the starter dont spin the engine when you hit the key?
Many think "turn over" applies to whether the enginbe fires once the starter cranks the engine....... whether the eng fires or not, has nothing to do with "turn over"

·
the local ford fan
631 Posts
try jump starting the truck and go from there , if the truck starts when jumped then the problem is most likely a electrical problem , could just be a bad/loose connection too , or even though the battery is new it may need a charge , good luck

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Since you pulled the battery cable to siphon gas out and I assume reattached it, you may want to pull both cables, and sand the posts and insides of the clamps. It sounds like you have lost connection, especially if it ran before.

·
Registered
91 Posts
the starters on the fords suck the current out of the battery, so you may need a strong battery (new) even jumping it wont do it, i had the same expeirence

·
Registered
99 Posts
is it theft system equipped? if so the system may need to be reset, I repalced a battery on my mothers 2006 ford and it wouldn't start as the theft system kicked in when the battery was taken loose, once the system was reset it took about 10 min for the computer to reset, don't ask me how it was reset as my mother had AAA out to start it while I was out.

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
Do you get any clicking sounds when you turn the key to the start position?

If so your battery is weak.

Do any dash lights come on when you move the key to the "on" position?

If no, your not getting any power from the battery.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry guys my dad had tricked me by disconecting the starter cable and doing that. I can't believe he did that. Oh, well it was funny.
Trav

·
Registered
460 Posts
Sound to me like he was checking out your trouble shooting skills. If the starter won't turn, the first thing to check is battery voltage. #2 is power to the starter. Sounds like you skipped right over step 2 and went to step 3, which is ask for help.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sound to me like he was checking out your trouble shooting skills. If the starter won't turn, the first thing to check is battery voltage. #2 is power to the starter. Sounds like you skipped right over step 2 and went to step 3, which is ask for help.
Ya I panicked because I was leaving town in my 2005 King ranch for a while. I hate when my 2002 F250 breaks down. Now that somebody stole my 2002 F350 I have to drive my 2002 F250.
Trav

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.