My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else watching the track of Dorian as it crawls the full length of Grand Bahama Island with 165 mph sustained winds, moving at ONE mile per hour this morning? Lets hope the loss of life is minimal. As far as property damage, I can't imagine what it will be.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Who is watching? Just about anyone that is on the Atlantic coast. It is all dependent on the two high pressure systems that are steering Dorian. If the westward one weakens some, Dorian will move into and up the center of the Florida peninsula causing untold damage.
As it appears now, it is going to hug the eastern coastline all the way up past North Carolina. Where I am on the western start of the Florida panhandle, it might not be much.

For those interested on how a hurricane is steered and prevailing conditions, youtube has a good channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrFIk7g_riIm2G2Vi90pxDA

·
Premium Member
9,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should rephrase, I in no way meant to belittle the impending threat to others in the path of this monster. I certainly hope the damage and injury is as small as possible. But I am sitting here in fright and awe as I watch the eye of Dorian make its way West over Grand Bahama. They are taking a long term direct hit.

As of yesterday when I spoke to my sister in Gainesville she was taking it in stride. Granted, she is inland, but I got the impression that I was more worried about her than she was. Here's hoping Dorian tracks as far from land as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts