My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just dropped this off today for me to work on for him. He wants me to get it running again. It's been a few years since it has run and needs a few small things fixed like replacing the fuel pump and a bad key switch. There are also a few other small issued that need to be check out too but I can't remember them at the moment.

Attachments

·
5,523 Posts
Are you going to trade your tubs for it?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
It don't look to be in to bad of a shape.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
That looks pretty nice good luck helping him out.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
That is a pretty nice machine there.Good luck getting her going!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a lot done on the 1250 today. I had a key switch for a 1050 project so I borrowed that and put it in. The engine fired up and ran great for not being run in a couple years. I found a mouse nest under the flywheel cover so I looked for a way to take it off and found that I would have to either pull the front end off or pull the engine. I decided to pull the engine because the cooling fan for the hydro needs to be reattached to the driveshaft. I also had to pull the fender pan off and while taking the engine out I also pulled the wiring harness. After the engine was out I found one of the rubber motor mounts mas bad and spilt in two so I will have to replace that also.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a video of the process today.

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
Was the driveshaft stuck on the rear end? I know that can be a big problem.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was the driveshaft stuck on the rear end? I know that can be a big problem.
No the driveshaft came out easy. The problem is that the cooling fan came off the driveshaft so it needs to be put back on.

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
No the driveshaft came out easy. The problem is that the cooling fan came off the driveshaft so it needs to be put back on.
That is a common thing, I also have had some with broken ones. While you have the shaft out, make sure you have grease fittings on your driveshaft. If you don't, I would advice putting new u joints on and balancing the shaft before installing it again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts