My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night we got around 8" of wet, heavy sticky snow, it was just below freezing.
This morning i went out and cleared the driveway, ran it at 3200RPM and it pretty much cut through that snow with not effort at all, the RPM only dropped to around 3000 on the few last runs that had packed snow on it.
Ran it in 2wd too, those R4 industrial tires work great!

I did notice that the lighting kit is somewhat blinding without some form of visors and having no rear lighting makes it tough to see while backing. I ordered up some LED Aux lights this morning, two to replace the factory ones and 2 to install on top of the ROPS for rearward lighting. Should be good once it's done.

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
Glad to hear it's working out for you. slkpk

·
Registered
214 Posts
I did notice that the lighting kit is somewhat blinding without some form of visors and having no rear lighting makes it tough to see while backing. I ordered up some LED Aux lights this morning, two to replace the factory ones and 2 to install on top of the ROPS for rearward lighting. Should be good once it's done.
Hi Alex,

Are you referring to the ROPS mounted aux lights or fender mounted ones? I fought with this blindness problem with my 2305 ROPS lights by moving them up top. After upsizing to the 2520 with the folding ROPS I didn't feel comfortable doing the same thing, so:

http://www.artillian.com/GlareShrouds.htm

I hope your new LED's will take care of your problem! Be sure to put up some pictures of your new setup. :drunkie:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad your getting to use it! But no pics???
it was 5:30 in the morning, i was in no mood to screw around with my camera. I'll post some once i'm doing the 550ft driveway at the new place in a few weeks.

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
ran it at 3200RPM and it pretty much cut through that snow with not effort at all, the RPM only dropped to around 3000 on the few last runs that had packed snow on it.
Ran it in 2wd too, those R4 industrial tires work great!
I am finding that my 1026R powers the blower best at the higher RPM range. (Which is recommended) On my old 2320, I could run it lower and it never seemed to bother it. I am also liking the R4s in the snow too. Thanks for the update.:fing32:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am finding that my 1026R powers the blower best at the higher RPM range. (Which is recommended) On my old 2320, I could run it lower and it never seemed to bother it. I am also liking the R4s in the snow too. Thanks for the update.:fing32:
i think you should still be able to operate at a lower RPM as you have a more powerfull engine along with a slightly narrower blower. How do you find the blower at higher RPM as far as vibration? mine vibrates a bit as the dealer said it would.

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
I have the 47" blower which I bought with the 2320 in 2007. I have been reading here for a few years now of others questioning the vibrations. I have always thought my snow blower is incredibly smooth, and with it on the front of the 1026R, I find it no different. I also love to see a tall plume of white stuff rocketing from the blower, so the higher RPM doesn't hurt any there either!:fing32:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts