My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone show tractors there? I would like to show my Massey this year, but I can not seem to find contact info about how to do so...

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ummmm Woodstock! LOL! http://www.woodstockfair.com/

This year is the 100th anniversity of the fair too. I did just get a call about the info though. The contact is Calvin Neeley (860) 315-4664 The deal is that you show up with your tractor on Thursday (before Labor day weekend) between 9-8 at the large barn near the main road entrance. (Can't miss it really, it's a classic red New England barn) and they will be in the lower level to set up entries. This is a free show to enter and pick up will be on Tuesday.
I live about 5 minutes away so I do plan on showing my Massey there this year. Bluegrass on the opening night too!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
My sister lives about 20 miles from there, in Canterbury. That might be a good time to pay her a visit & add in a detour to the show. ;)

·
15,000 +posts!
20,567 Posts
Hate to be a "downer",but I wouldn't go to the Woodstock Fair again ,after my experience there last year..
It took me 2+ hours to go the last 4 miles ,from roughly where Rt.395 intersects with Rt.169 (?) and the rest of the 65 mile ride took me about half of that,and I had to go thru RI most of the way!..after broiling in my car for 3 hours,I was disgusted to find I had to drive about another mile into a cornfield to park,then walk about half a mile to the main gate..(My back went out on me about halfway to the fair,could barely get out of my car or walk--had a staff member give me a ride in a golf cart to the gate!).
I had to stand up the entire 2+ hours and the concert I went there to see started late and ended early,the performer didn't do a meet and greet as I'd hoped either!..had to watch from 200' away..I was quite disgusted---..

On my way out of the fair,it was like a wall to wall sea of people,there was NO way you could stop and look at anything,or go into any of the exibit buildings..
Only way I'd go back there again,is if Rhonda Vincent came to play bluegrass..and I'd camp there overnight!..I went to the Durham CT fair once years ago,and I couldn't believe the size of the grounds--you had to park a mile away and ride a shuttle bus to get to it!..my legs couldn't take walking that far now..

I think the Washington County Fair in RI and the Brooklyn CT fair are much better--they both have good concerts and tractor pulls,and the grounds aren't as crowded ,admission is cheap too,plenty of close parking too..Nobody playing at the Washington County Fair this year I like,(its this week I think)--so I guess I wont have to go there this year..would like to go see the pulls but I dont have cash to blow going 65 miles just for that..I missed the pulls at the Rehobeth Fair last weekend too!..:(

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
On second thought.........I hate crowds!
Think I'll stay home.

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just curious, how is hte Brooklin Fair for garden tractors? Anyone know what seems to show up there and the entry process... Maybe I will got there, I did hear it's a better fair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts