My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Woods Rcc 42 Brush cutter that I use with my Kubota L185 and it does a excellent job on cutting my pasture. My question is how often I should be changing the gear oil? I have misplaced the owners guide and couldn't find the manual over at the Woods site.

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
I'm going to guess

some people would say once a year...If I change the gear oil in my brush hog once every ten years I'm lucky. Check it everry year and add if needed. It takes a 90W gear oil.

G

·
0 Posts
It has been my experience to check and inspect the condition of the gear oil periodically and replace it when it starts to turn color towards black, sludge builds up, or any bit of metal particles show. I have found that sythetic gear oils give me the best performance and drastically lowered gearbox operation temps. The easiest (but somewhat on the half *** side) way I have found to change gearbox oil is to use my oil sucker that I used to change the oil on my boat. It only takes a few minutes to do and makes it MUCH easier to change oil more frequently.

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, Neil on the manual. :trink40: My orginal was finally found and it is water logged. It was in the manual holder on the brush hog and it had a small crack that allowed water into it. :00000062: Which we had a shower smilie but I got it downloaded and saved on my computer and I can print out one and put it my shop>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts