My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you may be thinking your crazy to buy a cheap pto shaft. But I paid $86.02 with shipping. I am usually very carefull about what I buy at harborfreight. And usually something like this that could be deadly if broke I stay away from. But I got it actually just about 10min ago 10:00pm (that guy was working late) I opened it up and it seems to be pretty heavy duty. The U-Joint seem bery strong nice angled zerks fitting. It has the try angle shaft with shaft cover. The shaft walls are 0.151" So thats pretty decent.

It's made by Central Machinery
3491 Mission Oaks Blvd,Camarillo,Ca 93011

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
OUCH! You must be braver than me. I've seen more than enough of Central Machine to know that I want to stay away from them. To trust them with a PTO shaft just ain't in my book. They just may have recycled tomato soup cans to make that shaft, you just never know with a company as cheap as them.:sorry1:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'll look at it as a product review. The one I have was bent so I'll use it as a back up if need be. I'm in a crunch for money and this has a one year warranty. So well see.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I know some of you may be thinking your crazy to buy a cheap pto shaft. But I paid $86.02 with shipping. I am usually very carefull about what I buy at harborfreight. And usually something like this that could be deadly if broke I stay away from. But I got it actually just about 10min ago 10:00pm (that guy was working late) I opened it up and it seems to be pretty heavy duty. The U-Joint seem bery strong nice angled zerks fitting. It has the try angle shaft with shaft cover. The shaft walls are 0.151" So thats pretty decent.

It's made by Central Machinery
3491 Mission Oaks Blvd,Camarillo,Ca 93011

I would give it a try, just guessing but I bet a lot of PTO shafts are manufactured at the same place we just don't know it. :fing32:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I used it today and it works perfect. Except I broke the PTO guard chain. I hooked it up with the mower fully raised and then lowered the mower. I think the chain was tring to hold the mower up LOL. No biggy it's a quick fix. I actually broke 3 shear pins today and the PTO shaft runs true.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI2DqXEqtuQ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts