My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the late 90's I bought my first case a 446, it was three kinds... JI, basket and hopeless case. It was a 446 that the guy had pulled the motor out, tore it apart and then lost half the parts. I bought a Onan crate motor from Northern Hydraulics right before they quit selling them. Got it home and cut the shaft to fit and installed it and then got sick with the big C. I never lost the bug just did not have the energy, stamina or even the motor skills for a while to work on it. In the mean time I kept acquiring more tractors. First off a big one a Case 611B Case's first foray into Automatic transmissions. Works good and get a lot of use out of it. then I found another GT a 224 wrong hood but in fair shape, the came a 220 with manual lift and finally this year a 220 with hydraulic lift.
Today, for the first time i mowed using the 446 (Now has a grand total of 3 hours on the motor fully documented) and the latest 220. What a thrill! no going back for me, though the boss says she gets an auto tranny tractor to walk the dog (he's a Husky and when he wants to run he runs). She can't handle his leash and the hand controls at the same time.
Along the way I acquired a complete hard cab with hard doors, two brinly plows and a grader blade. Today the boss okayed the purchase of additional items as I can find them. One thing though, I have to find and restore completely a GT for our son. He's on his way home from his fifth tour in Iraq and is buying a house and she wants him to have the "best" so my winter project is cut out for me.
May not seem like much to all the experts here but it sure makes my day to be able to see more than one run across the yard at a time.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
To the contrary sir. That sort of report just makes my day. Congratulations on all of your purchases, on your apparent success in winning your fight with the big C and for your super-fine son who has gone 5 times into danger to protect the very freedoms we all love and cherish. My hat is off to you.

·
Registered
772 Posts
To the contrary sir. That sort of report just makes my day. Congratulations on all of your purchases, on your apparent success in winning your fight with the big C and for your super-fine son who has gone 5 times into danger to protect the very freedoms we all love and cherish. My hat is off to you.
This.:trink39:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Well said.

We would also like to see some pics. I would especially like to see some pics of your hard cab. :trink39:

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Well said.

We would also like to see some pics. I would especially like to see some pics of your hard cab. :trink39:
I would like pics of a real American who has the stones and sense of duty to repeatedly ( and voluntarily) walk into that level of hazard

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Glad to hear you won your battle and best wishes for your continued health. Please post some pictures of your equipment when you have a chance. :thanku:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Looking forward to the pics and thank your son for his duty and service to us:fing32:. slkpk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcom to the forum, My hats off to you for raising such a fine son. Were all proud of him. Continued success with the big C. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
421 Posts
mkeith,
I know what you mean about having the energy and stamina.
Last December I had a quadrupal bypass and I'm starting to feel better every day. My doctor said it would take about a year to feel better than I have for a long time.
Thanks for your post and good luck with your projects.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts