My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first small problem with 2006 B7610 200 hours.After getting it up temp 30 min or so(Starts and runs fine when cold start ).Like if my phone rings and I cut the engine off(after running to operating temp) it wont restart say after 5 min being off.It has to sit and cool down for 30 or so min.Note-engine is not running hot.Also I've noticed I don't hear the click sound after you turn engine off.So that click sound must have something to do with the problem?All fuses are good.I can still mow and use it I just have to think if I want to cut it off or leave it running until I get thru.
Thanks,
Tony

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Your probably low on engine coolant.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The click you hear is the fuel shutoff solonoid opening back up after the engine stops. My dads BX1500 will give an audible click after a few seconds however my B2620 does not and never has. I assume yours was doing it? If the engine is turning over as it should then I would take a look at the fuel solonoid as it could be sticking in the closed position when hot. If you haven't already done it, check the basics like fluids and connections/fuses. I don't have a manual available right now but I'm sure someone will chime in with some more possibilities/experience.

Brad

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Welcome aboard Tony.
Sounds like you and Brad are on to something w/the shutdown solenoid.
We've had a few posters over the past yr or so post similar problems but unfortunately after we threw all kinds of suggestions at them they never returned to tell us what the fix was......

Kubota uses two basic types of shutdown solenoids. They're either a 2 or 3 wire connection.
They work very differently but do the same job of immediately shutting off the fuel in the fuel injector pump.
It definitely could be your stop solenoid sticking once it heats up and expands.

An engine w/a 2 wire stop solenid will run with it removed but the engine looses key switch shutdown. If your engine has the 2 wire stop solenoid you can try to remove it and see if that corrects the no start condition but you need to locate your fuel injector pump 1st and then find the manual shutdown lever. It's probably right next to the throttle lever but won't have a cable or linkage connected to it. Before you disconnect anything, start the engine up and try to hut it down w/the manual shutdown lever.

If it's a 3 wire stop solenoid, the engne won't run without it intalled. One test you "may" try when it won't start is to lightly tap on the stop siolenoid to see if it helps. If so it's sticking and needs replaced.

Other things to check would be fuel, bad fuel can cause all kinds of problems, fuel filter(s) and make sure the fuel line isn't touching anything hot where it could cause a vapor lock.
You don't have enough hrs to worry about adjusting the valves or any major type of mechanical breakdown, except perhaps that stop solenoid.
Check it out and let us know.
Dave

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First thanks for the welcome and the replys.This is a great site with alot of activity,glad I found it.I've got 11 old gravelys I'm always needing help on,I'II give that section a try...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Dave wrote:

Before you disconnect anything, start the engine up and try to shut it down w/the manual shutdown lever.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I have looked and looked for a manual shutdown?Where is it on a B7610,there is nothing about it in the owners manual.On the right side off the dash is a hand thottle and the on/off key?Is the stop solenoid The small device between the filter and injectors?
Also how do you upload pictures here?
Thanks again,
Tony

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Tony, In your pic of the engine and fuel injector pump the throttle lever is the one with the linkage rod connected to it and runs back towards the dash (which ultyimately connects to your thottle lever on the dash). Just in front of that throttle lever on the fuel injector pump is the manual shutdown lever. It doesn't have anything connected to it and I believe it's spring loaded to return to the "on" or "run" position when you release it. To be sure, start the engine with the cover off and with the engine idling reach down to that lever and move it all the way that it'll go. Probably need to move it to the rear. The engine should shutdown and if it does your in business.
Back in the day the only way to shut down a diesel was via the manual shutdown lever and there are some new tractors that still utilize it as opposed to the electrical key shutdown. Kubota makes their engines for more than just tractors so it's my guess that they still include the manual shutdown lever for applications that calls for it.

re. fuel shutdown solenoid. I'm not sure but I'm I'm thinking the fuel shutdown solenoid is that brass colored unit on the rear of the fuel injection pump just barely visable below the large hose.
See how many electrical wires go it, it'll either be 2 or 3.

Great pics btw.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts