My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, we have been burned out with the tractor restoration of late. Got too much like a buisness and no fun anymore. We are taking it easy and going to work on them for fun again! This brings me up to asking about a issue dad is having. We are working on the John Deere 111 with a 38" deck. The tensioner pulley on deck is partially seized, can move it with hammer. We know from the 180 that there is plastic bushes in the tentioner. This means heat is not really a option. We used blaster and let it soak. Any of you guys come up with a puller or other way to remove or lube this tentioner without killing it? I thought I would test the waters and see! Missed talking to you all!! :ROF :howdy:

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I said when I was doing Rusty, ...It must be fun first.

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey KATT! Your right there my friend, really wasn't too much fun lately. Demanding customers and people calling me all the time at work. Dad felt like he was working again, couldn't do what he wanted to do. He spread 10 ton of item 4 today with neighbors help. Art has backhoe, dad used the John Deere 111 with a roller to smooth it. He couldn't do it before when he felt he had to work on tractors! We'll figure out the deck! Not real hard, just being cheap and trying to save the bushings!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts