My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken around Richwood Ohio about a week ago. Dad is size 10 shoe.

Attachments

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,012 Posts
Follow the tracks, check for scat. Around here we get some pretty big coyote tracks usually every second night and frequently accompanied by a smaller set of tracks that are probably his girlfriend.

As the mud dries, it shrinks back so the tracks may not have been quite as big when freshly made.

I have read they will range 5 plus miles during the night so could be denned up most anywhere.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Timber wolf.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Timber wolf.
I found this link on the DNR website and if wolves are in Michigan I guess it's conceivable they could be in Ohio to since they do travel large distances to find new territory

https://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/9576.htm

My dad has hunted everything on land in Ohio. been elk hunting in Colorado he saw something that was grayish and large but not a deer said that same day but he said he just got a glimpse of it.

he also feeds a bunch of deer and said they disappeared for a few days and he thought that might have been the cause

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,012 Posts
Get your Dad a game cam / trail cam. He will be amazed what visits his yard at nite when he's sleeping. It will be a hundred bucks well spent.

I caught these guys a couple years ago about 75' from the house. When hungry enough, they will come right up to the Wife's bird feeder in the dark.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This gray wolf spotted in the lower p of Michigan was almost 6 years ago. Which tells me they are migrating South and have been for years based on the maps I've looked at.

I remember when the coyotes started appearing in Ohio and some people didn't believe it and now look how thick they are.

I I am really starting to believe that's a grey wolf track or a wolf track.

my dad has a creek that runs the bottom part of his property and that's where you saw the track.

I can very easily see a young wolf just traveling that Creek for miles

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/32565067

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts