My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. A couple days ago I decided to change the hydrostatic transmission fluid and filter on the 322. I got the fluid drained and removed the old filter and started to install the new Wix filter and it would just thread on almost 1 turn and stop, like either the threads on the filter were messed up or the wrong thread period.

I brought it back to the parts store and showed the fella at the desk, we did'nt see anything wrong with the filter its self so they double checked the pn/cross number and it was correct so I bought another and they said if it worked than they'd refund the first one.

The second Wix I picked did'nt fit either:Disgus:. I checked the Wix website and it is the correct cross number.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Today I brought both Wix filters back to the store and they refunded me.

·
16,621 Posts
Obviously then--that JD filter has some special threads--for the very reason--you have to buy it from them........Mack Trucks does the same thing on some of their newer fuel filters....

Bah!==Propertory rights or whatever...:00000060: I bet it's a sweet $$ when you get it, too.

glenn

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
Deere is getting a little bit picky with parts and such. I've seen some other parts like that that are similar to others, but have very small differences.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, maybe a bad batch of filters. I'll probably just get a deere filter, only reason I did'nt is because there are 2 Deere dealers in my area but one is 30 miles south of me and the other 30 miles north:sidelaugh Thats a long trip for an oil filter:eek:mg:.

Maybe i'll try a different local part store, and hopefully their Wix filters were out of a different batch lol.

Out of curiosity, what Wix filter fit on your 317 Dan33?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I'm not quite sure without going out to look. It was awhile ago.

It you have a napa local ask then for a napa gold 1410 filter.

Naps gold filters are wix filters and they drop the the first digit of the part number.

For instance my Harley wix filter is a 51348
Therefore I get a napa gold 1348 filter.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
I run a Napa Gold hydro filter on my 318. Don't know the number without looking on my shop pegboard. Never an issue.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, thanks for the replys. I'll try the Napa Gold 1410:trink39:

·
16,621 Posts
I'm not quite sure without going out to look. It was awhile ago.

It you have a napa local ask then for a napa gold 1410 filter.

Naps gold filters are wix filters and they drop the the first digit of the part number.

For instance my Harley wix filter is a 51348
Therefore I get a napa gold 1348 filter.

Now you know--that's real strange...My Toyota Tacoma, my Ford Focus, and my Scott's (JD clone) w/ Kohler command engine all use the same
NAPA 1348 Gold.......That;s what I like!!

glenn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts