My Tractor Forum banner

Wisconsin V465D Rocker/Tappet adjustment.

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sonny 
#1 ·
Hey guy's I have a V465D in my skid loader that is running pretty bad, so I am doing a tune up. I decided to adjust the valves and the tappet is threaded into the rocker and has a hole in the top of the rocket horizontal to the tappet bolt whit a rivet in it . I am thinking these were put their to hold pressure on the bolt to hold the tappet from backing off. Any ideas on this, The manual dose not mention rivets at all.

Thanks.

#3 ·
I have the manual and it says nothing about these weird rivets. I have seen some videos on you tube with the v465d running with the covers off and it appears they have rivets in the rockers also. Some of my tappets were so loose I could turn them by hand. Some would not turn and I had to drill the rivet out. I was thinking about threading he rivet hole and using a brass allen head style bolt to hold the tappet from turning or I might just try thread lock.

#4 ·
My 465's had regular lock nuts on them. I am trying to picture the rivets you speak of. --- I have books around here somewhere, can't find them right now but gotta dig them up!--I am curious now as to what they are S'POSED to have! lol!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.