My Tractor Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
20,000 +posts!
20,939 Posts
Hmmm-Well,no points??..time to rig up a pick up coil!..:D ...make it run one way or another,right?..
I saw one real old single cylinder engine,that I dont even know what kind it was,at the meet I went to Saturday,that had a Tecumseh "cam" that operated the points,mounted externally on the crankshaft,that was used to open and close the points,the guy used a breaker plate from an old distributor and the points,had a 12V coil and battery on it too..where there's a will,there's a way!..

·
Jack of All Trades
1,337 Posts
For those in need of Older Wisconsin/Teledyne/Robin parts I have a few boxes on NOS parts. If you pm me a part number I can see if I have what you need. I can tell you this, I have no starter recoil assemblies (in need of one myself).

·
Certified Technician
8,595 Posts
Just reread this old thread...

Were yall serious about saying that Japanese OPE was "bad"?

Because I can assure you that Japanese OPE is among the best in the industry..

Echo/Kioritz
Zenoa
Daihatsu/Vanguard
Honda
Robin/Subaro
Tanaka
Shin-Daiwa
Yanmar
Kubota

All commercial grade stuff...all made to last a lifetime.

Their QC is top notch, great warranties, designs are the stuff everyone else wishes they had, and so on...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey tractor my thoughts exactly ive been talkin to a few guys regarding a crank trigger ign for it i know the old motor is good and i guess if i bite the bullet for the crank trigger set up if she blows one day ill have a good ignition for another lol i was given an old bolens yesterday thats been sittin for a loooong time that has an old wisconsin on it too i havent picked it up yet but the guy has the orginal front blade and a tiller for it those he said i would have to give him a little cash for so i guess we' see what it is when i get the stuff home my wifes gonna be pissst! Lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok guys made a little head way after pulling the flywheel again checking and cleaning everything again i disconnected the factory condensor that connected to the mag as well as a small jumper wire tha t went from the points to the mag pulled my 12v coil from my jd 314 kohler and no condensor i got the old girl to run for about 10 mins then it died after checkin everything i felt the coil and is was really hot so may have burnt it up should i try adding a balast to it and a new coil or? Thanks for the help fellas

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.