My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vet-Wrencher
253 Posts
My thoughts on the majority of things made in japan isnt that great. You'll find out why. If you want a wisconsin engine then get you the TRUE made in U.S.A. teledine wisconsin engine.

·
Vet-Wrencher
253 Posts
I wouldnt buy anything from japan eaither...and expect it to LAST. Oh there are some good things from japan but that is a VERY short list.

·
Vet-Wrencher
253 Posts
Concerning the first in OHV in small engines, it was actually briggs. Starting in 1919. You didnt see an end to that ti'll the mid 30's were they went to the flat head design for a long time and then went back to OHV. Most think that is new to briggs. It's not. I dont know when Honda first came out but tecumseh had solid state in it's first stages in the 60's. And concerning wisconsin (not to be confues with the later *** wisconsin robin) which WAS one of the best engines you could buy, also the most heavy, parts are still available for them although most parts have to be found by eaither specialty shops or in NOS packages on the net. I should know becouse antique U.S. made stuff is my specialty. That problem is that the u.s. LETS japan have a leading edge over engines. You get a old briggs that's 40, 50, 60 years old, you'll see at one time they WERE a good engine. they arnt now becouse as with anything this day and age, it's all about money, not quality as it once was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.