My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post a few pics of the blade brake setup on my two cycle WR. Its the highest quality setup I've ever seen on a mower engine.....too bad I'm removing it....he..he..he. Don't need it for my application anymore.

You have to remove the flywheel to get it off, but I really like the idea behind it. It worked great but I'm removing any excess dead weight so it has to go. Its basically a miniature drum brake.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
the robin is the finest lawn mower engine ever made
I am going to second that and add the Kawasaki pressurie lubers on the JX75/14SB on the list too. Only thing which makes the WR not clear cut winner NOW is parts are HARD to find. But you are right I do love mine WR.

I also have to add the LB F series. I love those motors for simplicity-parts availibility power and durability.

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,788 Posts
I wonder how much that little brake pad assembly would cost to replace?

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
wow they made that extremly simple! and that seems like my kind of motor!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
mabey i will look it up some time ford. i have many parts lookup sources for this engine-getting the parts is another story. the recoil *** is 150$-just use that as a benchmark. i need a aircleaner ***. for one of mine-might as well search for the holy grail. prob end up making my own

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,788 Posts
I know Robin parts are hard to find..... Good ole Snapper sold millions of them. Now some folks brag about how Snapper has had the same old parts for centuries and easy to fix, but they must have forgotten about the many thousands of Commercial customers stuck in the backside in various positions.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
yes and i bet that a large portion of the comm snappers with robins are still working. and the owners are frustrated . the snapper dealers actually were quite good about parts support-till enough time went by that the parts got scarce. robin dosnt think there is enough market in the lawnmower engine game now and has moved into the generator and pressure washer market.

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually, Robin does have a large market in Asian nations.....I've been watching many You Tube vids of many applications in China, Japan etc...

Lots of air compressors, generators etc but they are yellowish color rather than white or black like here in US.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts