My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Bolens that someone put a Wisconsin AENLDG on, but never hooked it up. I'm just wondering what exactly I have, how much it's worth and if it's missing anything.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
The AENLDG is probably an upgraded or specific production run of the AENLD which was introduced in 1957. 9.2 HP at 3600 RPM.

The "L" indicates it was a higher compression version of the AEN, the "D" says it has the heavy duty exhaust valve. Probably Stellite.

I have no idea what the "G" signifies.

This site:

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=256080&ck=

Has a lot of good Wisconsin information if you read thru it.

Mike

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If it runs I would guess that it would be worth between 75-150 dollars. it shouldn't take much to get it running. If you want to try and get it to run I would clean the carb clean the points and possibly replace the condensor. then put a little gas in it, wrap a rope around the front pulley and pull. I shhould also add that it would be best to achor the engine to something first lol. Old Wisconsin engines are great they have alot of torque, they are really heavily built and they seem to last forever if you take care of them.

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has spark, I'll play with it tomorrow after class.

·
Master Service Technician
748 Posts
FYI...The magneto on this engine is slef contained which means if you remove it from the enigine and hold it in your hand, people have a natural tendacy (sp) to spin the gear and "snap" the magneto.

If you do this, make sure your not touching the spark plug wire or the wire touching you somehow. This thing creates a spark that will knock you on your can!

Been there done that! (only once though)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts