My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just recent got this old MF 10. I am putting a Tecumseh hh120 in it though, its a solid state ignition... gear driven starter. So I dont have a use for the old voltage regulator anymore and I have put on the rectifier regulator. I also added a new ignition switch. Only thing is that I it is a universal. The old switch had B C M S on the back. The new one has ACC IGN. BATT. On the old one I am guessing B-batter C-cut off- M-motor S-starter. Please correct me if I am wrong. Now I guess trying to translate to the new switch, battery is still battery, Ign is for starter and I dont have any accessories. Honestly IM stuck. I just started this project and I'm a little knew to this stuff. I have seen the wiring diagrams so I know where these go (kinda) but I would like a 2nd opinion. If someone can get back to the question on here or email me what to do Id be happy because some of the diagrams dont make sense to me. email is [email protected]

·
I bleed M-F red
787 Posts
I thought the switches were marked D S B C.? Make sure you don't put 12v to the grounding lead on the SSI. That would be about a $100 mistake.
It sounds like you have the wrong replacement switch?
What don't you understand about the diagram?

·
Parts Robber
171 Posts
Old switch : B= battery M= magneto S= start C is most likely a G and = ground

The "universal" switch you have isn't really going to work very well in your application. Best thing to do is get correct switch. If you hook wires up wrong it will be a very costly mistake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Firstly let me get this right. SSI is starter solenoid right? Well I may have to. I picked up a universal at the TSC. The only thing I'm unsure of with this switch is this. There are 3 wires coming from the motor. Yellow, yellow, and blue. Its a solid state motor with the gear driven starter not the old starter generator. I put the rectifier regulator on, so im putting the 2 yellow wires the terminals labled sta. Straight from the motor. The blue on the one labled battery. A guy told me to do this... maybe im supposed to run a wire off the red side of the starter solenoid to the battery, which would make more sense, but im going by the wire diagram to the gear driven starter. What I have right now, NO battery installed until i get it right is this. Off the + side of batter it goes directly to the solenoid. from there to the - side of the ammeter. the + on ammeter to the battery on the ignition switch. Off the motor, i ran the 2 yellows to the sta on the rect. reg. and blue is supposed to go to the c on the starter says the diagram but i was going to put that on the bat. on the reg rect, and from there to the c on the ign switch. I know I basically said this stuff twice. Just correct me if u think im wrong. I might just get a new ignition switch but thats beside the point... Im worried about the rectifier regulator now and if im wiring that part right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, I've found a good wire diagram in the files of it on a yahoo groups page. My questions have been answered and thanks gravely, I'm going to use the original equipment. I dont want costly errors. I can just attach everything simple and easy like the diagram shows. I have no clue what the guy who had this did to the wires. They had it all backwards. Thanks for the help though guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts