My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since i cant find the answer to my other post i decided to use a push button to start my engine but i need to no what do i hook my charging wire to (the wire that charges ur battery) ????

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Should go to a Regulator that then goes to your Battery. Is this the Motor you are trying to run on the bench?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iv got a 16hp vanguard v-twin engine came out of a cub cadet thats what he told me....im sticking this engine in a golf cart so i need to no how to wire up a key switch or a push button switch to make it start and while its running it will keep my battery charged

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i need to no how to hook up a 2 pole switch to the engine and how to hook up the wire to keep my battery charged

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Sorry, I got links for the IHRegistry that has Cub wiring but the registry is still offline:sorry1:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i for got to answer ur question yes this is the motor i have on the bench in till i get it wired up and running right

im just going to go with a 12v 2 pole push button switch to start the engine but now i need to no how to wire that up to the engine

and also need to no how to hook that wire so when the motor is running it will keep my battery charged

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
You're welcome I hope it helps.

It should with all the diagrams and wiring specs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts