My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I fired up the blower and got the driveway cleared late this morning while no snow was falling. At about 2:30 pm it started snowing again. We'll see if I need to run the blower again or if it warms up tomorrow and melts everything. Our temp right now is 19*F.

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just a trace of new snow overnight and the temp is 24*F. Temps are suppose to get up to 38*F this afternoon.

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,615 Posts
Woke up to 29° and most of a foot on the ground; had been snowing all day yesterday, and likely all night. All powder; the wind has been pushing it around and my car in the driveway looks like a white mound. Today we've been in such thick cloud that you literally couldn't see 30 feet. Tomorrow, maybe more snow, but it all looks like the weather will break on Saturday. A couple of work friends who live in the Portland area and were headed for Hood River got stuck on I-84 this morning, but they tell me that they finally got through it all and it was only because the OSP had all the truckers without chains pulled off at Troutdale to chain up.

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Woke up to 29° and most of a foot on the ground; had been snowing all day yesterday, and likely all night. All powder; the wind has been pushing it around and my car in the driveway looks like a white mound. Today we've been in such thick cloud that you literally couldn't see 30 feet. Tomorrow, maybe more snow, but it all looks like the weather will break on Saturday. A couple of work friends who live in the Portland area and were headed for Hood River got stuck on I-84 this morning, but they tell me that they finally got through it all and it was only because the OSP had all the truckers without chains pulled off at Troutdale to chain up.
That's twice the snow that we got up here. The only drifting we had was the tracks from the gator filled back in after feeding the cows last night. We had a quick 1/2 hour long snow squall come threw at about 11:15 this morning that dropped about 3/4 in. It cleared off this afternoon and the temp got up to 33*F and is currently 26*F. I bet the ground is going to get soft and soupy when things thaw out here.

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,615 Posts
... I bet the ground is going to get soft and soupy when things thaw out here.
I'm fortunate that here on the side of the mountain, we have great drainage. The meadows will be soft, but not for long. It would be a perfect time to back-drag them, but I can guarantee the weather won't cooperate!

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Had another 3/4 to 1" of snow overnight. The current temp is 33*F. It made it up to 35*/36* yesterday and started to melt a little. Nothing but rain showers predicted for the next week with temps in the 40's.

·
Super Moderator
26,909 Posts
We are in that "mixed precipitation" area right now, look out one minute and it's snowing, look out again and we're getting freezing rain! Wondering if I'll actually have to get out the 322 and do some work!!

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We are in that "mixed precipitation" area right now, look out one minute and it's snowing, look out again and we're getting freezing rain! Wondering if I'll actually have to get out the 322 and do some work!!
Do you have a blade or blower on the 322? I have a 322 that I acquired not running and it is still that way waiting for me to get to it.

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,615 Posts
As of today we're out of it. Clear and LOTS of wind overnight, now the snow is just in the shady areas. I was sitting out in the sunroom and reading, the wind sounded like I was sitting right at the water's edge at the ocean! And it was just as loud... Went to work up in Hood River this morning, and they have moved all the snow off the roads and into the ditches. Looks like they got a couple feet easy, where I just got a bit less than a foot.

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The snow is pretty much all gone here also. The ground is starting to thaw now and with lots of rain in the forecast its going to get soupy. I think things should be thawed enough tomorrow so I can clean up the feed lot and get some new bedding down for the cows.

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
After lots of rain last week we had a fairly dry weekend. Now at 10:00 pm it has started snowing. Temp is currently 34*F and may get to about 30*F overnight. The predictions are for no more than 1", but we may get a little more on Tuesday.

·
Super Moderator
26,909 Posts
We've only had a few inches at a time and most still was around 5 inches, did clear it yesterday and today and tomorrow mother nature should have it all gone as it will be mid to high 40's. Not a normal winter this year that is for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The snow last night didn't amount to much, just a thin coating. Most of it had already melted by this morning. Its 36*F now and overcast.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Woke up to snow falling, but not much sticking. The driveway and roads are clear so far with a little white on the deck, grass, and trees. The temp is 33*F.

100_2611 (Medium).JPG 100_2612 (Medium).JPG

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Its been snowing at a decent rate for 11.5 hours now and still not even an inch on the ground. The temp got up to 35*F and has dropped back to 33*F now. It just to warm and wet for any accumulation.

100_2614 (Medium).JPG 100_2615 (Medium).JPG

21 - 35 of 35 Posts