My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think will our coming winter will be like? More snow than average, colder?

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Supposed to have a truck load of snow up here this winter.. Be ready for the worst and be hope full of the least.. Snow doesn't bother me.. BUT the -40 for a month sure gets to me...

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Our area is calling for milder temps and wetter. slkpk

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
My guess would be that we'll get colder temperatures and less snowfall because we've had a very wet summer, but we'll have to wait and see cause I'm not good at predicting weather.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The volcano they call "Son of Krakatoa" is having thousands of earthquakes per day. Another volcano not far from it they think is getting ready to blow. Both of them have had huge eruptions in the 1800s. Once each of them blow, watchout!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Volcano "son of krakatoa"!!! don't we have a member that lives just east of there!! :rolleyes:

·
-
1,829 Posts
As my wife says they'll predict snow and nothing will happen. They'll say it's not going to snow or miss us and then we'll have a whole bunch.

Probably be like last year when we got the usual dusting of snow. I'm hoping for a nice whopper of a snowfall like a couple of years ago, 16"-20", that was nice. :snowing:

Mostly we'll have rain and wind, like every year.

·
Registered
243 Posts
After last year, if history is any indication, we will have a milder winter in CT. The only thing I don't want to see is ice!!!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
:ditto: I dont think we can get much more than we did last year. In any event, I will be ready for whatever Mother Nature throws our way. I have another set of weights and a concrete block that I didnt even use last year. Should be fun.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,009 Posts
Light followed by dark followed by darker, snow followed by snowier and icier, :snowing: and cold followed by colder. :1221: That is our usual upstate NY winter. :D

·
MTF New Poster
2,163 Posts
Last year my area set a couple records in the cold and snow department.Overall,it was still a mild winter, temp wise.I am thinking that my general area will have a more sever winter, because we have had unusually cold snaps in September and starting into October of this year.I kind of hope we have a cold winter so some of the critters and insects will die off.I have fought with for the last six years till I'm nearly broke.

·
Premium Member
9,776 Posts
My wish: Just enough snow for a white Christmas without being a nuisance, then plenty of snow for tractor fun in Jan and Feb, then a quick melt, and golf by the end of March.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
cant wait till it gets colder its going to be 68 during the day and low to mid
40's at night the next few days but are averaging 78/50

i know the fishin is fixin to get real good here

i hope its nice and cold here, ill be up in MD in december, IDK i got mixed feelings if it snows or not while im up there :dunno:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i want to get a lot of snow one day so i can plow, but then i want it all to melt so we dont have 3ft of snow like last year

·
Administrator
11,824 Posts
It can be just as cold and snowy as it wants as long as long as we don't have an ice storm to tear things up. I do kind of prefer the snows that don't really stick to pavement but keep a fresh coating of white on the rest of the ground.

But I don't have any snow removal attachments on the tractor either. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts