My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen posts on here about Windows 10 updates causing problems with peoples devices...I always wondered what the fuss was all about...I found out the hard way I have a fairly new DELL running Windows 10 and an HP all in one printer scanner......well the printer / scanner worked pretty well and now it is just a plastic pile of crap...I was able to get hold of HP and they were aware of the problem...they started getting calls on Saturday, which, coincidentally is exactly when my problems started....Now I feel your pain and will be more aware of the posts on here about Windows 10...any one else get hit in the last few days?

·
Super Moderator
29,910 Posts
Windows 10 likes to think it has the best drivers for peripherals, normally you need to go back to manufacturers website and download their driver and apply it.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Yep windows 10 update shut my laptop down this afternoon and will not boot. My internet here is so slow I may have to take it some where to get it back up.

·
We're all friends here
14,338 Posts
Try holding the power button down for at least 10 seconds and see if it comes to life.

·
We're all friends here
14,338 Posts
I think a reset takes you back to when it was brand new, before all the updates, which will try to reload themselves all over again.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Windows 10 likes to think it has the best drivers for peripherals, normally you need to go back to manufacturers website and download their driver and apply it.
Right: and for every once in awhile when windows 10 updates automatically the sneaky way coming in the back door you will have to wrestle with your printer driver again if your computer is the 64 bit type.:tango_face_surprise:tango_face_sad:

·
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was lucky...I was able to talk to someone at HP that "remotely took over" my computer and got it straightened out....it was a real pain in the neck until I got this guy on the line ...they were very good about it, considering the printer is about 5 years old, they gave me the support without charging me anything

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I have not tried the HP printer as yet. It was causing problem all ready the printer could not find the network but the lap top was able to find the printer. That maybe more fun to look forward to. So far everything has been working ok and much faster than before.

·
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use the printer from a couple of different devices....it was just 1 PC that was having the problem after the update....previously it was an intermittent problem with that same computer...and then no mater what I dis after the update I could not get it to work right...I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and drivers at least 30 times ( I could do it in my sleep now)...if you need the customer service# send me a PM and I will give it to you....I found that fooling with it myself became just a waste of time

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did an update to my Windows 10 computer (1809) last year,for it,i can only say that is not an easy job,perhaps because i am a computer idiot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts