My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost another one by $.50. Cub 147 hydro this time. Oh well. I really appreciate your auctions Joe! Keep the 107/27/47 parts coming!!! I could use a blade too *hint*. :)

·
Super Moderator
36,739 Posts
Sorry to hear you lost the bid! Better go out and practice your bidding sharpshooter skills!

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joe,

I was just looking for a spare "just to have". This thing was sitting for a long time at .99 and you just can't pass that stuff up. :) Like I said before, I really appreciate your approach to auctions.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Yes..... you did lose the auction but not necessarily by fifty-cents. For all you know, the guy/gal who did win the item, placed a bid that was $50.00 higher than your top bid but thanks to the way the e-Bay bidding process works, the bid "increment" was at the fifty-cent level. Realistically, you don't know if another buck more would have won the item for you.

The only time I ever get upset over losing an auction is when I enter an amount that is less than what I would have paid for an item and then it's my own butt that I kick. In the final analysis, the value of an item is what one person will pay on any given day. The next day, the same item could be worth much less or much more. That's the way it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts