My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a tune-up kit for my GT2544 on eBay that says it's for Kohler model numbers CV18, CH25, CV25, and CV675. The model number on the engine is CH23S. Will this work for me? I've already messagesd the seller to ask his opinion but I figured I'd also ask the subject matter experts here.

·
4,151 Posts
It possibly may, but I do not believe that it will...what comes in the tune up kit?
Here is one on Amazon for your machine

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just found the maintenance kit page at Kohler engines and it shows the same maintenance kit for CV18-25, CV675-740, CH18-25, and CH730-750, so I guess that answers my question.

The eBay item has an aftermarket pre- and air filters, Kohler-branded oil and fuel filters, and Champion sparkler plugs. Everything that's in the factory kit except motor oil, and I'm happy to buy oil at Wally World and skip the shipping charges for two quarts of oil.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MARK (LI), I like the kit you linked to over the one I was looking at on eBay (because the other lacks hose clamps, and I don't yet have any spares) but I'm curious why it has two fuel filters and what appears to be a fuel line on-off valve. Any ideas?

·
4,151 Posts
About 30 years ago my wife and I had a Vietnamese Pot Bellied pig...our friends used to refer to us as the Ziffels...it is good practice to have a fuel shut off valve between the fuel tank and pump / or carburetor if no pump...I suppose the 2nd filter is just to make it seem like a better deal...and it is handy to have a spare on hane

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of my relatives runs a 503C refuge for potbellied pigs. Has about 350 of them. It boggles my mind that someone could devote their life to giving miniature pigs a fulfilling life instead of just hanging them in the smokehouse.

And thank you for your answer. I like the idea of having a spare because I'm the kind of guy who buys spare parts in twos because I figure if it broke or wore out once it likely will do it again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I know why there was a cut-off switch in the kit, and the extra fuel filter.

The old fuel filter was below the bottom of the gas tank, so when I unplugged the old filter the gas gushed. Fortunately I had the switch handy and plugged it in before there was much loss. I thought it was supposed to go downstream from the filter. I guess not.

And the second fuel filter is so when you drop the first one and break off the connector, you'll already have the replacement. :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts