My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a 36 in snowblower that was on a 3012 simplicity tractor.

I have a 3310v landlord. Is it the same hook up?

·
Registered
120 Posts
You might make it work, but only snowblowers for the 3300, 3400, and 7000 series have the "hitch" you need. You also need the front PTO for your 3310v.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
The correct hitch for yours is a front enguagement hitch. It should be the same. There is a tensioner on the hitch itself. Hang it on the front axle. You can not screw it up, if the pin holes fit its the right one on your tractor...

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Actually I was thinking 3200 not 3300, sorry, larry is right. You can not run the mid pto cause you do not have a cone clutch to run it off of.... You need a hitch that looks like this... Notice it does not have the lever to throw on the hitch. If it fits the front of your tractor by hanging on the front axle and the pins fit where the deck mounts then you have the right one...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Anything is possible but look in the 3rd and 4th picture, its a 716 so it has the cone cluth. You have the older style without it...

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
None of the pics came thru, but to answer your question, anything is possible... That tractor was never meant to run the blower from the mid pto. The 7100 was and people adapt backwards to the 3400. Yours is a cross between the 3200's and the 3400's. I am not a fan of the front mount pto but in your case I think that is the way I would go...

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is the 3400 center PTO. I think you would have to bend the bracket so the flat idler points more forward to use it with a long belt on the blower. That long belt needs a lot of tension, there would be some guesswork and probably some shredded belts before you got it right... And it wouldn't work right with the mower...

I'll get a picture of the front PTO Tomorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Yep, no cone clutch. I do not think you could get enough preasure to keep the blower going in a heavy snow. Thats why they don't do it. You can try it, but I think the outcome would not warrant the work. Thats just my opinion...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts