My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
They are made by the same company. I have a spare lift cylinder when I sold my MF 2400 that is a Kubota part. I thought I lost my first cylinder and bought another after searching the internet to see if it would fit. I was going to use it as the cylinder to make my plow angle hydraulic but then sold my tractor. MF wants $400 for cylinder and the Kubota one cost me $320 shipped.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, I did not buy the kubota plow blade . I built a plow mount of my own, I bought a new plow blade and a used mount from an ATV and fabricated it fit on the GC1705 with hydraulic lift . I still need to fab the blade angle cylinder mount.

Thanks Ken in Mi

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Good job, but you might have trouble with it trying to lift the front end off the ground. When you get a good blade full of snow or dirt I believe it will be lifting your front end up, from the angle of the mount. The factory mount puts the load much lower, so it pushes more back then up. Every tractor that I've had mounts the blade much lower.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello, The factory one is shorter and doesn't extend out as far . but the price is $2200 more than i have in this setup .
I have not had the chance to use it in the snow yet.

Do you think I should push snow in the float position , would that make a difference?

Thanks Ken in Mi

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hello, The factory one is shorter and doesn't extend out as far . but the price is $2200 more than i have in this setup .
I have not had the chance to use it in the snow yet.

Do you think I should push snow in the float position , would that make a difference?

Thanks Ken in Mi
Can't answer that. All I've ever used for snow removal was Simplicity or AC tractors. The older stuff was mechanical so all they had was float. My legacys don't have float, the have pressure down with a spring buffer. Just bought my Kubota last fall and haven't used it for snow duty, didn't need it this year, lucky.:tango_face_grin:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello, 1 1\2 years later I am happy with the plow setup . I have the R-4 tires and don't have any problems pushing the snow .
I do have a flat concrete driveway . I have yet to install the power angle cylinder , so I just get off and swing the blade to angle position.

I did buy a rubber wear edge for it so it cleans very well.

Thanks Ken in Mi

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts