My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wheel Horse
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I can start my mower by crossing it with a screw driver but can not start it with the key. Will safety switches prevent current from going to the key to start it? I found out that none of my switches are working. I got my seat switch grounded and then my brake switch is getting rewired. So if I get all these switches working and all of them grounded, will my tractor start now with the switch? Thanks for the replys.

OR if it i something else will somebody please tell me what it is? Thanks again

·
Registered
276 Posts
sounds like a bad conectiopn on switch or soliniod or the wire its self or the switch itself some of the safteys wont let you start adn others will stop when it is runnin

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yes they will.
Your tractor came stock with 3 safety switches. PTO, brake and seat. Depending on which year / engine you have will determine how they are wired. But generaly speaking the seat comes into play only when the deck is engaged. The brake only when starting and the pto for both.
Go to www.toro.com and using your model # find your tractor and wiring diagram to determine how it is wired. Just a word of caution to not ground them switches or your going to have more problems than a malfuctioning switch!

·
Wheel Horse
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jdog, I changed both solenoid and the switch. Thats why I said it must be the safety switches. Hopefully I will try and get this fixed. Thanks for replying Jdog.

·
Wheel Horse
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they will.
Your tractor came stock with 3 safety switches. PTO, brake and seat. Depending on which year / engine you have will determine how they are wired. But generaly speaking the seat comes into play only when the deck is engaged. The brake only when starting and the pto for both.
Go to www.toro.com and using your model # find your tractor and wiring diagram to determine how it is wired. Just a word of caution to not ground them switches or your going to have more problems than a malfuctioning switch!
Hello. I just grounded the seat. The others have their orignial switches. I am rewiring the clutch now. I fixed the brake. And the pto is real hard. So.... I guess a few cuss words and 3 hours later I will hopefully have it fixed. I hope.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Don't forget to check the fuse. It is located behnd the instrument panel. I believe that if that fuse is blown, the solenoid won't pickup, even if all the safety switches are 100% functional.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts