My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Husquarna
Model 917.374440
Serial 012207m 002166
Briggs 65022FS
Series 650 190cc
Ok I can put in a good and dry spark plug and pull the rope about 3 or4 times and it is flooded. I never touch the primer. And is flooded where I pull the spark plug and gas is dripping of it. Help

·
Registered
1,977 Posts

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
Dump the oil after you get the carb fixed. install a fuel shut off valve is a good idea too.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good place 2 start,
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...CARBURETOR MUFFLER&documentId=P0702138&blt=06

sounds like the carb float needle is stuck causing it to flood, how old is the mower?

nother link to try also
http://www.briggsandstratton.com/maint_repair/manual_and_more/index.aspx

btw..... that avatar is awesome
Thanks Fruitcake
That's a good start for me to check when it cools down a bit. I will check back and let you know what I find. :thanku:

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok it was cool this morning so I went out and puled the carb off took it off and checked it over and cleaned it up and put it back on. It started up and ran good. Than I put it all back together and told her to come and get it. When she came to get it, I try ed to start it and it would not start. So I pulled the air filter off to see if it was getting gas. Than it started up good, so I was going to put the air filter back on and when I did it killed it. The air filter looked good but no air would go through it.So it will be ok as soon as we replace the air filter.:thThumbsU

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
If it was still damp, then it's 'plugged' and needs replacing. Always a good idea to swap them out once they've been fuel soaked anyway. Seems like you got it figured out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts