My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guy's will it fit? i know the 44's were more common on the small wheel tractors but the 54 is waaay nicer IMO.
I'm pretty sure it will but want verification from the God's.

MU

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've got an 85 224, and I purchased a nice used complete 54'' dozer blade. Not only does it fit, it works wonderful! Looks a bit big for the tractor, but as I'm sure you already know, The case/ingys have NO problem pushing the 54'' steel of wonder! -Jon

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
If you look in my profile pictures, I believe I've got a couple pics with the 54'' mounted up.
Since the 54 inch was designed for 16HP and up, would be great on a 226, IMHO. Since power is not a question,What would be?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Since the 54 inch was designed for 16HP and up, would be great on a 226, IMHO. Since power is not a question,What would be?
I really have to wonder where you pull these little chestnuts from. The 54" blade was primarily designed for the 400 series tractors because they have a wider track than the 200's do. Horsepower has zero to do with it. The 54" blade will work on a 442 with 12 horsepower or a 444 with 14 horsepower or any amount of horsepower greater than that.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I really have to wonder where you pull these little chestnuts from. The 54" blade was primarily designed for the 400 series tractors because they have a wider track than the 200's do. Horsepower has zero to do with it. The 54" blade will work on a 442 with 12 horsepower or a 444 with 14 horsepower or any amount of horsepower greater than that.
Are you suggesting that it might "tip the 226 over???"

Common sense tells me that if 12 hp or 14 hp will handle it, 16 will also handle it!
The wheel track has nothing to do with it.

You have been rather "non judgemental" lately, and it has been pleasant!

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Are you suggesting that it might "tip the 226 over???"

I'm not suggesting anything of the sort. I'm just responding to your clearcut statement "Since the 54 inch was designed for 16HP and up,"

In what book, manual or other piece of literature produced by Colt, Case or Ingersoll do you find any sort of information that the 54" blade was designed for tractors with 16 or more horsepower?

Common sense tells me that if 12 hp or 14 hp will handle it, 16 will also handle it!

Now.... you're backtracking. The statement you made ruled out the use of the 54" blade by tractors with less than 16 horsepower.

The wheel track has nothing to do with it.

When it comes to blades, wheel track has everything to do with it. If you try to use the 44" blade (which is the one designed for the 200 series) on an angle with a 400 series tractor, you will find the wheels of the tractor running over top of the windrow coming off of the blade. Whether you're pushing snow or dirt, such a situation is untenable as it causes the tractor to go on a tilt while compacting the spoil.

The 44" blade was strictly for the 200 series. Case never suggested that it could be used on a 400. On the other hand, Case was in total agreement that the 54" blade could be used on the 222, 224 and 226 as an OPTION.

You have been rather "non judgemental" lately, and it has been pleasant!
It's not a matter of being judgmental. It's more a matter of making sure that the information found in these threads is CORRECT and does not mislead newbies to choose the wrong implements for their tractors. So, backtrack all you want. You said what you said and it was incorrect. Just as offering a J-26 hitch to someone with a 195 was and...... I could go on but what's the point? You apparently have this absolute need to put a comment or two in every thread even when you have no idea what you're talking about.

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
I am all for Judgemental if it is tempered with knowledge and a desire to be helpful.
Week after week after month after year I read certain judgemental members offering serious hunks of time and research to help strangers out, A little judgement helps weed out those looking for a free lunch from those looking to learn and maybe in the future contribute. Don't change abit!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
It's not a matter of being judgmental. It's more a matter of making sure that the information found in these threads is CORRECT and does not mislead newbies to choose the wrong implements for their tractors. So, backtrack all you want. You said what you said and it was incorrect. Just as offering a J-26 hitch to someone with a 195 was and...... I could go on but what's the point? You apparently have this absolute need to put a comment or two in every thread even when you have no idea what you're talking about.
Tom, You can read into anything, anything you want. The facts of the matter are that I did not rule out any HP rating, Though you are correct that I "could" have been "more" inclusive.

The bottom line is that what I stated was correct, even though I did not include all that I could have!

On the other hand, you come across like the 226 could not handle the blade! But you failed to give any reason as to why! That, also, could be very misleading to a newbe!

And I could go on and on, but un like you, I won't!

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
226 Drove Down From Maine To Pick It Up Yesterday. He Was Very Pleased With The Blade.
Thanks Again For The Helpful Info.

Mu

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
226 Drove Down From Maine To Pick It Up Yesterday. He Was Very Pleased With The Blade.
Thanks Again For The Helpful Info.

Mu
Great for both of you! He should be pleased as He got one good deal!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts