My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to smooth out my backyard ( old cow pasture). Would my 18hp promaster with 22x12" atv tires be able to pull a 5' attachement. Using 1st gear and takin my time. Not sure if there is enough weight to provide traction and since I've put taller tires if there is proper gear ratio to provide enough power.

I can buy a used soil pulverisor for 250. Verse renting a real tractor at 200/ day.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Want to smooth out my backyard ( old cow pasture). Would my 18hp promaster with 22x12" atv tires be able to pull a 5' attachement. Using 1st gear and takin my time. Not sure if there is enough weight to provide traction and since I've put taller tires if there is proper gear ratio to provide enough power.

I can buy a used soil pulverisor for 250. Verse renting a real tractor at 200/ day.
I have a landscape business and we have 6' pulverizers. I bet you could pull one 5', if you could find one but, I'm not sure if the 50 will lift it with out the front end comming up. Years ago, the 40 hp utility fords and masssy's would raise a little if you got a lot of mud or moist soil stuck to it. Its possible you could front weights on the front. You might check the weight of the pulverizer and the specs on the rear hydrolic lift capacity.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My promaster50 doesn't have hydralic lift. It's an early walk behind style gravely with a rear section that has center turning wheels and est 50lb weight box. I was thinking I could just rig up some chains to pull the soil pulverisor.... ???

Tying to find a deal on craigslist for a real tractor.

·
I LOVE Garden Tractors!!!
1,799 Posts
What about buying it and giving it a shot in the mean time. If it doesn't work out , you can always resell the pulverizer. Good luck.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,735 Posts
My promaster50 doesn't have hydralic lift. It's an early walk behind style gravely with a rear section that has center turning wheels and est 50lb weight box. I was thinking I could just rig up some chains to pull the soil pulverisor.... ???

Tying to find a deal on craigslist for a real tractor.
There were hitches made for them and they were rated at 500 lbs max.
As for the weight box, later models came with cast weights and were in the 100 lb range. Do not attach to the steering axle to pull. Only attach to the frame or factory hitch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts