My Tractor Forum banner

What kind of gas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When winter comes will i need some extra traction and downforce, i haven't had it out in the winter before so any input that regards winter running would be helpful.

·
Professional amateur!
1,003 Posts
whats the set up? blower/plow, what model/brand of tractor, and what are you clearing off?

chains are usually a must and the amount of weight depends on what you're doing and what kind of ground/slope you're on.

as far as the gas, i've heard that all small engines run better on the higher oct stuff but i don't know if theres any truth behind that. i usually run at least 89 w/ a splash of seafoam.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am new to winter tractor use also. From talking to friends and surfing the tractor forums weight is important when pushing snow, chains are needed when doing anything on ice or grades. I went with both by ordering some v-bar chains and getting my rear tires filled. I am using a TYM t353 with a Meteor 68' snow blower for maintaining my long drive and a portion of our private road. Both have steep areas and ice is a common occurance on the road.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Why does every post from this guy have a poll at the top with no relevance to his questions?
:ditto: I cant even figure out how to do a poll!!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
chains and weights are always a good idea in the winter, when i was pushing snow i used both but now i have a walk behind blower and just run with tires.

as for gas, i use regular in everything, cars trucks, tractors, mowers and a little stabil if they don't get used much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts