My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting a blower this fall, just want to know if 4 weights will fit on the rear weight bracket.
Lord, I would love to see a picture of this:trink39:

·
Bring on old man winter.
670 Posts
Markcuda, I believe, if memory serves me right, that only 3 weights will fit on the weight bracket. I only used two on mine. I hung them off the bracket for the bagger. I don't recommend this because the Bracket twisted out of shape from the weights.

·
Bring on old man winter.
670 Posts
No s**t?:Stop:
What mower did this happen on?
It was the X360 I used to have. The bracket that's part of frame will hold the weight but the bagger bracket seems a bit weak for the task. BTW that's where the dealer hung them.

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bracket that's part of frame will hold the weight but the bagger bracket seems a bit weak for the task. BTW that's where the dealer hung them.
Ok, I think I get it now.
I am just not sure I can get 4 of them on there.
I have 2 now, I buy one every now and then, just not sure if I can slide 3 all the way to one side, and then still get on a forth one.
That is why I would love to see a picture of 4 on the rear, if 4 would fit.

·
Bring on old man winter.
670 Posts
I'm sure that if it's possible, this is the place to find out.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
why do you need the extra weight?

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
yea. does the amount of weight you have now not cut it?

·
Bring on old man winter.
670 Posts
It was a great machine for what it was. I just wanted something with a bit more muscle for some projects and moving the boat around the yard. I highly recommend the X360 to anyone that wants to mow and blow. It exceeded my expectations with the snow blower. Although, every once in a while diff lock would have been nice. More weight would probably have solved that issue.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
mark, if you want more weight, maybe consider loading your tires with rimguard? its about $0.25 per pound and weighs about 12 pounds per gallon

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't want to go that route, if I can get 4 suitcase weights on the rear, that would be 160 pounds.
A snow blower is probably 125ish pounds, but sticks way off the front on the machine.
So, I figure a 160 pounds should off set this pretty good.
Not to mention the extra traction I will get.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
im saying if you cant get the 4 weights on

·
Premium Member
7,998 Posts
I'm not sure, but I seem to remember a similar question a few weeks back. I think that someone said that 4 weights will fit, but that JD's official word is that you should only use 2 maximum because you risk damaging the transaxle with the extra weight, but how's the transaxle supposed to know the difference between a 180 lb. person with 160 lbs of suitcase weights, vs. a 260 lb. person plus 80 lbs. of suitcase weights?

·
Bring on old man winter.
670 Posts
I'm not sure, but I seem to remember a similar question a few weeks back. I think that someone said that 4 weights will fit, but that JD's official word is that you should only use 2 maximum because you risk damaging the transaxle with the extra weight, but how's the transaxle supposed to know the difference between a 180 lb. person with 160 lbs of suitcase weights, vs. a 260 lb. person plus 80 lbs. of suitcase weights?
The dealer sold me 2 weights when I bought mine. He said I could add a 3rd if I needed to but didn't think I would need it. (I only weigh 180) if I kept it I would have added more.

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hate to start a new thread, but does any one know what a 44 inch blower weighs for the 300 select series?
I like the persons weight analogy:trink40:
I could weigh 180 pounds, not 270, butt, how does my mowers rear end know I have a big rear end:biglaugh:

·
Bring on old man winter.
670 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts