My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Anything With Wheels
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are ripening in my neck of the woods and the wild raspberries just finishing up.. There has been a bumper crop of both this year.

MMMMMMMMMMMM Good!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
We have several hundred acres of them and we could not put a dent in the crop we had this year as well. Unfortunately the chiggers were a bumper crop as well so picking them requires immediate removal and bagging of ALL clothing and an immediate shower or suffer the agony of a zillion chigger bites. We will be bush hogging large patches of them that have grown up in the pastures.

Are those thornless blackberries in your picture? They appear to be a slightly different variety than those around here.

·
Anything With Wheels
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
€hieƒ™ said:
Are those thornless blackberries in your picture? They appear to be a slightly different variety than those around here.
Don't I wish...I have the seasonal battle scars to show for it..I'm on vacation this week so I'm thinking about going berry again picking later today.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,234 Posts
Bumper crop in my area also. Best I've ever seen (or eaten!)

·
Deceased Oct.-2014
3,014 Posts
We've been eating on our blackberries for a few weeks now. Good crop in spite of cool wet spring. When we had more berry packing houses in the area the packing houses would buy wild blackberries from anyone bringing them in.

How about a good blackberry cobler? Uum Uum good!

·
Administrator
11,751 Posts
I like them in a dish with milk or made into jam. Back on the farm I would take the riding mower and make a path to all the brier patches in the pasture. We also had a couple of wild elderberry trees along the farthest fence row and one along an old building in the barnyard. We made jam with them also. When I was a teenager I would also ride my moped out the dirt road North of town and pick wild blackberries along the fields. One day I was picking along the road near a house. The owner came out on the front porch with his arms folded and gave me a cold stare yet said nothing. I knew what he was thinking though. Telepathically I heard him say, "Your stealing my blackberries!" I quietly loaded my bucket of berries into the box I'd mounted on the back and fled the crime scene flat out at 20mph. :rolleyes: Funny thing was I went to school with his daughter and he most likely knew who I was and where to find me anyway. :fing20:

ROF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts