My Tractor Forum banner

781 - 790 of 790 Posts

·
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #782
One week was what the cement guy told me. I am waiting until Friday to drive on it. So to kill time during this virus stuff I am doing these things. I am waiting for the weather to cooperate so I can get on the painting of the wife's shed

·
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #783
I got the final row of red pavers in and then I got 9 of the single row brick pavers in today. My inspector has a look at it and seems to approve.

·
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #785
One of the things I did not mention last night is I have been helping the new neighbor as they have a overgrown mess left by the pervious owner of out of control wisteria trees that have also invaded my property. The new owners want the wisteria gone and when the new neighbor came over yesterday and wanted to borrow me and my John Deere 2305 with the backhoe and front loader. The new owner asked if I could come down and wrap a chain around the trees and pull the wisteria trees down with the tractor. I am thinking as I get my logging chain that the backhoe would better. so I go down to the area where the wisteria is and turn around the tractor and back up to the area then set down the outriggers and dig the bucket down in the ground, flip the seat around and start in clawing the mess out. As soon as I started my neighbor said oh you get to have all the fun. May I take over to have the pleasure of ripping that out. I get off the tractor and tell have at it.

Last night we had the mess in 2 large piles and because of darkness decided to wait until today to finish clean up. I take my time and get to the area today after deciding not to do any pavers today and push the messes to my burn pile and clean up the area a little. What was a bit surprising that I did not know was the propane tank was there along with a electrical transformer. The new owner knew it was and used the proper care not to get to close to items.

·
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #787
Oh my god, be careful. In fact, you need to call "miss utility" to come out and mark out any underground utilities.
That was already done and there were small flags marking the area that we pulled out one at a time to remove the trees and bushes. The utility also informed the new owner of the property that all trees must be removed for the entire length of the east ten feet of the property as it is a power easement

·
Super Moderator
28,809 Posts
View attachment 2458596 One of the things I did not mention last night is I have been helping the new neighbor as they have a overgrown mess left by the pervious owner of out of control wisteria trees that have also invaded my property. The new owners want the wisteria gone and when the new neighbor came over yesterday and wanted to borrow me and my John Deere 2305 with the backhoe and front loader. The new owner asked if I could come down and wrap a chain around the trees and pull the wisteria trees down with the tractor. I am thinking as I get my logging chain that the backhoe would better. so I go down to the area where the wisteria is and turn around the tractor and back up to the area then set down the outriggers and dig the bucket down in the ground, flip the seat around and start in clawing the mess out. As soon as I started my neighbor said oh you get to have all the fun. May I take over to have the pleasure of ripping that out. I get off the tractor and tell have at it.

Last night we had the mess in 2 large piles and because of darkness decided to wait until today to finish clean up. I take my time and get to the area today after deciding not to do any pavers today and push the messes to my burn pile and clean up the area a little. What was a bit surprising that I did not know was the propane tank was there along with a electrical transformer. The new owner knew it was and used the proper care not to get to close to items. View attachment 2458595
Yep, you don't want to be hitting either of those!!! Nice that you are helping them out, hopefully sets the tone for a good relationship, something that I'm sure you'd enjoy after the previous owner.

·
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #789
Well today was not helping the neighbor but solving a issue with the John Deere 2305. The overhead work lights failed to work a year ago and I had been lazy to looking into the issue as everything else works just fine. Today I decided to find the issue and so I tested all the circuits at the fuse box worked along with the work light fuse. I traced the wire to just over the transmission but was not able to go any further. I decided that since this was the case I stop and go get new wire, a fuse holder and wire loom to protect the wire and I proceeded to direct wire the lights from the battery. I hate spaghetti wiring and I followed the existing wiring as much as possible and also making sure I was clear of all the other items a wire could make contact on the tractor. With plenty of zip ties I got the lights to working again and I like the new setup. I also installed 2 fuse holders but one would have been fine. One fuse holder is next to the battery and it is a 15 amp and the 2nd next to the light switch next to the lights.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,252 Posts
That's a nice machine, Michael..........you also reminded me I need to fix the work lights on my Kubota, dohhhh!

781 - 790 of 790 Posts