My Tractor Forum banner

721 - 727 of 727 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,009 Posts
Wise to have both of them there together, less chance to blame the other guy and leave without fixing anything.

Mike

2,239 Posts
The Verizon guy showed up and replaced the phone line going in the house. Everything's working. That was fast service. I called last night and the guy was here early this morning. I told the Electrician I got it fixed, don't bother coming out.

·
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #723
The Verizon guy showed up and replaced the phone line going in the house. Everything's working. That was fast service. I called last night and the guy was here early this morning. I told the Electrician I got it fixed, don't bother coming out.
That is rare to have that fast service. Most likely the line was damaged and since it is fiber optic line they don't even bother with trying to replair it they just replace it.

·
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #725
I have been gone on a vacation to the Philippines so my wife could visit family. She is a Filipina and had not been there since 1983 and it was a tearful reunion for her family and her. she had finally been able to clear up misunderstandings and be with her family. we decided to stay in the Clark Hotel which when I was there was Airman billets from the 1970-1991 when the volcano closed the base from American usage. My god that place has changed a lot in the 37 years since we have been back but the Philippines has preserved in arrested decay a lot of the old working areas of the old base. My old transportation vehicle maintenance shops are still there but not in use and in some shots I took it appears that the buildings are as they were when the volcano blew up. Parts of the buildings have the roof collapsed and the compound appears unused. There is a heavy cement fence that was erected in the 1960's that is still in fair shape but with burn marks and mold on it from neglect. The old barracks I stayed in when I originally was assigned there are still in use by the Philippine Air Force and the chow hall is still in use also. The old APO post off ice is a cement slab with a basketball court on it now. The field I used to cut across to get from work to the barracks area has started to return back to the jungle it was prior to the American use of the base. I did go to the Museum that is at the old parade grounds and they had a pretty good history of the original fort and air base including the uniforms used in the 1970's to the mid 1980's but I noticed several things incorrect as in the belt buckle used is incorrect as the subdue name tapes the U.S. Air Force issued a black buckle with that uniform. The line from the shirt to fly was required to straight and belt buckle was lined up with the uniform and the hat had to be straight on the head. The last thing I noticed was the boot needed to be polished but it is after all a representative display of the uniform.

Overall we had a hectic busy fun vacation and are now planning a follow vacation for the future.

·
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #727
Not much has been done otherwise then a couple of appointments and getting the dogs to the vet for their annual appointments. I am already doing preplanning for the next vacation to the Philippines later in the year.

721 - 727 of 727 Posts