My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Husband stares mutely at her. Those words coming from that woman don't make sense to him...he is confused and stupified.
Later, when he comes to his senses, he does a banana dance.
:bannana:

Seems that her desire to not have me wrenching on tractor projects and/or have an extra tractor in the garage have worn her down. Hope it sticks. :i_praying

Anyway, I take this as permission to start my search for a really nice 20G or 24G. :drunkie:

So, if you know of one...

·
10K and Climbin!
12,355 Posts
My wife told me this years ago after the Case 444 I had scared the be-Jesus :hide: outta her when it popped a wheelie when she was going to mow the lawn!

That's when I got the JD 314 and that was my main mower for years after I rebuilt a fairly toasted deck.. Once we bought our new house the thing was too much of a chore to steer on all of our rolling hills so it went away and I got into Cubs.. Then I fell into this: 'deal' and am still on the lookout for another one!

:praying:

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
Husband stares mutely at her. Those words coming from that woman don't make sense to him...he is confused and stupified.
You know it's bad when he dances to the tune of "Bananaphone"

:sidelaugh

For those that have missed it, here it is.

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
In my experience you can find a very nice, low-hours Pro-G in the $2-3K range. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Spend a lot less and as you know, you quickly make up the difference in tires, clutches, etc.
+1

Find a nice plug and play tractor and the most it will need is routine maintenance. Grease the clutches, check PTO freeplay, grease the steering, grease the deck, repack front wheel bearings, change oil and go.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Wife says - "spend money, get better tractor"!

rlordjr, RLORDJR...wake up. You're dreaming.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Wife says - "spend money, get better tractor"!

rlordjr, RLORDJR...wake up. You're dreaming.

I ran into this same situation a few years back, the only difference was I let the offer float long enough that it became a demand,,, either go get a new tractor or she was gonna go get one,, understand she wants a tractor with a backhoe or as she calls em, digger bucket on it, soooo being cheap I decided I better go get a new mower before she made good on her threat and spent 20K.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts

Seems that her desire to not have me wrenching on tractor projects and/or have an extra tractor in the garage have worn her down. Hope it sticks. :i_praying

Anyway, I take this as permission to start my search for a really nice 20G or 24G. :drunkie:

I'm guessing you haven't been able to sit still, think straight or speak coherently since receiving this awesome news - congrats!! :congrats:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm guessing you haven't been able to sit still, think straight or speak coherently since receiving this awesome news - congrats!! :congrats:
Ha, ha. My clients do not know the reserves of will-power I have had to summon to work on their projects this week!

·
Super Moderator
12,314 Posts

I can only dream of my wife saying that. Just have a reason ready to justify also keeping you other tractor(s) when you bring the new one home.;)

·
Super Moderator
33,748 Posts
We all want to know what medicine she was on at the time she uttered those words? That Doctor is going to get a lot of business!!! :ROF

·
Super Moderator
12,314 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
My wife always (at least 1-2 times a year) tells me to get a nice tractor that will do everything I need/want. I get excited and start telling her about this type or that type and that I want to be able to do this and that THEN she will say "that's fine, just remember that you have to get rid of all of the other tractors and crap because you will have one machine that does it all."
I can't be happy with just one machine. That's not the type of person that I am.
So I get to keep what I have and I swap something old with something new to me every once in a while.
One of these days if I get another hobby I may just clean out the "collection" and take it easy with one multi function compact or sub compact.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts