My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
My wife almost killed me but I just got a great deal on a 2005 John Deere L130 Automatic Transmission Lawn mower for a total of $400 and a door to a 1997 Buick car but it needs a spark plug because it got broken, and a two front tires they keep going flat. I got the front tires in good shape sitting somewhere in the garage I got off some other lawn tractor but don't rember if they are the same size. I will have to find them if not I will just get a new set of tires for it. Do you know what the spark plug size is on this? It was kinda an obvious thing when you see a white with a black stripe on the bottom Ford F250 with a green thing in bed of the truck and your wife is right behind you getting off work in her Wrangler.:thThumbsU. She will get over it once the lawn tractor is put to work. Now just got to figure out what to put it to work doing. The weeds on my other 5 acres could using cut down:fing32:. It looks like a mini toy next to my John Deere farm tractor. to bad I can't get pics I dropped my blackberry celluar phone while loading in the back of my truck and broke the screen. Going to have to get a new phone too. Oh well you guys don't want to hear about that but here's some pics of it before I broke my Blackberry.
Trav

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
Nice JD there. Great price. Too bad about the phone. Good luck on the home front. Keeping it short so you can read while dodging.

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
My wife almost killed me but I just got a great deal on a 2005 John Deere L130 Automatic Transmission Lawn mower for a total of $400 and a door to a 1997 Buick car Trav
Did you extend her the courtesy of asking her if she wanted that Buick door before trading it away? Jus' sayin she might have wanted it.

Where in Arizona do they grow weeds? I thought Arizona was all sand and cactus.

·
Diesel Power
5,340 Posts
I got the front tires in good shape sitting somewhere in the garage I got off some other lawn tractor but don't rember if they are the same size. I will have to find them if not I will just get a new set of tires for it.
Nice deal on the tractor, good luck with it. No need to buy new tires for a small leak/s. Just tube them if the tread and sidewalls are good.

·
Registered
300 Posts
What is it with women? There must be a thousand ways you could be getting into real trouble. You could be down at the bar trying to drink all the beer or at the track playing the ponies or entertaining a cocktail waitress out Vegas. A couple of green toys... I mean tools, don't seem like much. The lawn gets mowed doesn't it? Our wives need to lighten up.

Chris

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Now is a good time to find out if "asking for forgiveness is easier then asking for permission".

Once your wife sees what your L130 can do, you'll be lucky to get to drive it......LOL

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
You have 10+ vehicles sitting around and she's ****** about one little lawn tractor LOL :dunno: Nice find for $400. :fing32:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Hey all,
My wife almost killed me but I just got a great deal on a 2005 John Deere L130 Automatic Transmission Lawn mower for a total of $400 and a door to a 1997 Buick car but it needs a spark plug because it got broken, and a two front tires they keep going flat. I got the front tires in good shape sitting somewhere in the garage I got off some other lawn tractor but don't rember if they are the same size. I will have to find them if not I will just get a new set of tires for it. Do you know what the spark plug size is on this? It was kinda an obvious thing when you see a white with a black stripe on the bottom Ford F250 with a green thing in bed of the truck and your wife is right behind you getting off work in her Wrangler.:thThumbsU. She will get over it once the lawn tractor is put to work. Now just got to figure out what to put it to work doing. The weeds on my other 5 acres could using cut down:fing32:. It looks like a mini toy next to my John Deere farm tractor. to bad I can't get pics I dropped my blackberry celluar phone while loading in the back of my truck and broke the screen. Going to have to get a new phone too. Oh well you guys don't want to hear about that but here's some pics of it before I broke my Blackberry.
Trav
Now Trav- You said she was really PO`d. You also said that you got the Jd for $400 AND a door to a 1997 Buick. This door wasn`t off your mother in law`s car, was it?:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
Nice find for the money. slkpk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now Trav- You said she was really PO`d. You also said that you got the Jd for $400 AND a door to a 1997 Buick. This door wasn`t off your mother in law`s car, was it?
Maybe, no it was off a car I got from work for free. I think she was mad because she said no more toys or cars this morning before I left other then the cars on the 5 acres.
You have 10+ vehicles sitting around and she's ****** about one little lawn tractor LOL Nice find for $400.
10 vehicles over here not including my dad's cars. And I think a month ago I counted 21 cars over on the five acres. I have been parting the ones out on the five acres.
Did you extend her the courtesy of asking her if she wanted that Buick door before trading it away? Jus' sayin she might have wanted it.

Where in Arizona do they grow weeds? I thought Arizona was all sand and cactus.
I am on the mountain of Arizona. They are really just maybe once in a while knee high. But that is 160+ another 5 acres of land to get cutting. I was using the John Deere tractor. Oh and she didn't even know about the buick I got it from work and she doesn't know what cars come in other then the Jeeps since she drives one.
Nice JD there. Great price. Too bad about the phone. Good luck on the home front. Keeping it short so you can read while dodging.
I ended up sleeping in my Ford Ranger last night but I am taking her to her favorite dinner in town plus going shopping so maybe that will make up for it. I am gonna get the spark plug later today. As for the tires I found the set last night going to get them mounted today also.
Trav

·
Banned
4,069 Posts
"I ended up sleeping in my Ford Ranger last night..............................."

:dunno: you need to show her who's the boss,
never mine I guess she already did :sidelaugh:sidelaugh

·
Green Team !!!
468 Posts
I don't want to be an old stick in the mud but, I hope that after replacing the spark plug that it will fire right up and operate as it should.

I have seen a trick like this before. " Well I would start it for you but the spark plug is broken ". From that point many people wouldn't even want to turn the engine over to see if there may be other tell tail signs of a problem and just load the tractor up, pay and leave with the thought that all it needs is a plug.

I hope this isn't happening here, best of luck on getting it going.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ended up sleeping in my Ford Ranger last night..............................."

you need to show her who's the boss,
never mine I guess she already did
She makes alot more money then me she is the banker so I got to listen to her.
On your left hand you have your wife. On your right you have a tractor. Left hand wife, right hand mower. Left wife, right..... you already chose, didn't you?
She got over it tonight after going to dinner.
I don't want to be an old stick in the mud but, I hope that after replacing the spark plug that it will fire right up and operate as it should.

I have seen a trick like this before. " Well I would start it for you but the spark plug is broken ". From that point many people wouldn't even want to turn the engine over to see if there may be other tell tail signs of a problem and just load the tractor up, pay and leave with the thought that all it needs is a plug.

I hope this isn't happening here, best of luck on getting it going.
It should be good I checked for other problems everything looked ok.
Trav

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.