My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished cutting the grass today. I have a garage where I have been doing a lot of wood sanding (dust) Cut the grass today, and tractor definitely needed a bath :have an X320. When I was done, I came in the house with a bucket with car wash solution in it. She asked "what was I washing" I told her the tractor. Great part: "While you have the hose out, will you take the plants from in the house and spray them?" Too my wife, WILL YOU WASH THEM THEY ARE DUSTY.
So I guess I am not nuts any more.
Maybe we both are alittle nutty.

Off the topic. At a store this AM, saw a Mercedes with a Deere front license plate.
Nothing runs like a Deere!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I've always washed my mowers, tractors, even equipment. Should i have to work on them, i'd rather they be clean than dirty.:fing32:

Ronnie

·
Super Moderator
13,363 Posts
I dont think washing tractors makes you nutty......... Just sayin :fing32:

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
Welcome to the club.... we meet on Wednesday night. :D

·
Registered
351 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
I wash my equipment after every use during from spring through the fall and give a good coat of wax at least three times before freeze up to last then the rest of the winter months. Its nor crazy, its just pride in what you have. My wife shakes her head from time to time at me, but I got the last laugh when she helped me one time! :thThumbsU

·
Enginerd - DieselDork
784 Posts
Some friends of ours came over one day while I was mowing the yard. They are good friends, so weren't offended that I finished up while they were inside chatting with my wife. When I got done mowing, I pulled the tractor over by the hose and started washing the tractor. I did this about every-other mow, as there are some muddy spots in the yard, and it gets out of control if I let it go.

When I got inside, my friend said "I've never seen anyone wash their mower before."
My reply "Well, if you take care of your stuff, it takes care of you!"

I mean, it only takes about 5 minutes.. WAY less than actually cutting the grass.

·
Junior weed whacker
198 Posts

·
Junior weed whacker
198 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts