My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone could tell me the length and width of the 318, 445 and x485? I have a 4X6 trailer and am wondering if a tractor of that size could still fit on it.

Thanks

Dan

·
10,839 Posts
All of them will. But not with a deck on them.

With the 445 and the x485, they are just over 6', so if your trailer has a front wall or a rear gate or board, then no.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If anyone could tell me the length and width of the 318, 445 and x485? I have a 4X6 trailer and am wondering if a tractor of that size could still fit on it.

Thanks

Dan
318 is 46in
445 is 50in
x485 is 46in also
if you have a deck they wouldn't fit.

I found this on tractor data.com. Pretty cool website:fing32:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ok, I just measured my 425 which is the same as the 445 but with a carb not fuel injection and its 72 inch's long give or take an inch. This is from the front grill to the rear edge of my back tire, which is an ag.

It's also 42 inches wide (not measuring the deck) at the widest point, which for me is the rear tires.

Remember tractor data.com is someone's website that collects data like wikipedia does by having folks contribute. So take it with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
My X520 just fits on my 4x6 trailer. You have to over inflate the front tires for the frame to clear the front wall.

·
10,839 Posts
maybe I need glasses!
Nah, but you do need to check the weight capacity of your trailer. It might not have the capacity to carry a near 1/2 ton mower. My uncle had one of those cute 4x8 folding trailers. He found out the weight limitations of that trailer the hard way.

·
Super Moderator
17,460 Posts
Width & Length of Tractors

X485 for Just tractor No Deck or attachments 47inches Wide By 75inches Long

445 for Just tractor No Deck or attachments 48inches Wide By 75inches Long

318 for Just tractor No Deck or attachments 43inches Wide By 69.5inches Long

Weight or tractor Only Not including deck or attachmnets

X485 855 Lbs

445 815 Lbs

318 836 Lbs

:thThumbsU

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Nah, but you do need to check the weight capacity of your trailer. It might not have the capacity to carry a near 1/2 ton mower. My uncle had one of those cute 4x8 folding trailers. He found out the weight limitations of that trailer the hard way.
Was it a folding trailer before the mower was loaded???

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Never would have thought of that- Thanks for the insight!

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
14,110 Posts
My 4 x 6 landscaping trailer will fit my 160 on it, with the deck, but only fits the bagger if I back onto it and hang the bagger off the front of the trailer. It does NOT fit with EITHER the blower OR the blade attached... It's too long with EITHER of them AND neither of them will raise high enough to clear the rails or roll up the tailgate ramp if I'm on level ground with the trailer... And the 160 is ALMOST the smallest Deere you can get... If you don't want to be constantly removing attachments, I'd suggest a bigger trailer. I'd LOVE to have a bigger one!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts