My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a subscriber since 2005. I got a notice from PayPal last week that said that the payment to VerticalScope for MTF had failed, and that another attempt would be made today, the 23rd. So today I get another email notice that says that the attempt today had also failed and that my subscription to MTF was cancelled.

In addition, when I look at my User CP and subscription status, it shows that the expiry date is 11-15-2019, so unless I cannot read a calendar properly, there should not even have been one attempt to collect a subscription fee.

Also, my "5 YEAR" medallion has disappeared from my posts.

My PayPal is up-to-date, and my profile information here has not changed since well before the creation of MTF.

What gives?

·
Super Moderator
29,527 Posts
if paypal says it failed that means they could not withdraw money from your account. either the card listed has expired and not been updated or the checking account/paypal account balance is too low.

As far as you being paid up thru 2019 goes, paypal has no idea how far ahead you are paid. They have it set as an annual renewal, you need to manually change that in your paypal subscriptions and they won't auto renew it for you.

Lastly, you should have rolled to a 10 year badge. My guess is the system just screwed up and took both instead of replacing it. One of the admins will get you fixed shortly.

Thanks for your continued support of the site!

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if paypal says it failed that means they could not withdraw money from your account. either the card listed has expired and not been updated or the checking account/paypal account balance is too low.
Neither of those reasons for failure would account for this instance. The card listed has not expired, there is no problem with the account balance being too low, and as I said in the original post, all of the listed information is not only up-to-date, it is unchanged from before.

·
Member: Special K Club
1,556 Posts
My payment thru pay-pal failed also, I've had automatic payment set up for a few years & the credit card is the newest one & is good for 3 more years. It's also linked to a good checking account so it has a back up plan.

The notice said they'd make a second attempt at payment tomorrow (Nov 30), If that fails I'll go thru the process manually.

Don't know where the issue lies, Paypal is working for other things, just not this. My "Paid Subscriptions" tab in the user CP doesn't show me anything, it used to show an expiration date....

Dave

·
Administrator
11,780 Posts
Come to think of it, I'm missing a 5 year member & the supporter badge i got last year.. it used to live just under my avatar...:wwp:
That part I can fix. :thThumbsU

Edit, I looked in the log and see last year it charged on 11/27/14 but so far nothing is showing in the log this year. I went ahead and manually set you up for another year. It may still try and charge your account again on the 30th. Not sure. I'll put a note through to VS support so they can check into it.

·
Member: Special K Club
1,556 Posts
That part I can fix. :thThumbsU

Edit, I looked in the log and see last year it charged on 11/27/14 but so far nothing is showing in the log this year. I went ahead and manually set you up for another year. It may still try and charge your account again on the 30th. Not sure. I'll put a note through to VS support so they can check into it.
Thanks for looking into it mark, I see the 5 year badge is back, & it looks like you added a year & my payment apparently added a year also, since the user CP shows my expiration date as 2017.

I'll give it a day to see if that changes. If it doesn't, then I guess I owe you another 20 bucks, since I only paid for one year & ended up getting two, LOL

Dave

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,527 Posts
Thanks for looking into it mark, I see the 5 year badge is back, & it looks like you added a year & my payment apparently added a year also, since the user CP shows my expiration date as 2017.

I'll give it a day to see if that changes. If it doesn't, then I guess I owe you another 20 bucks, since I only paid for one year & ended up getting two, LOL

Dave
:fing32: Nah, we'll just expect an increase in posting, commentary and photos over the next two years. :D
Dave, please leave it as is as it might screw up my retirement check!!! :thanku:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts