My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded a png file from my computer as an avatar.

The image shows up cropped with only upper left corner visible. What up with this?

I tried resizing to a smaller image, it gets cropped the same way.

·
3,212 Posts
This is a problem with this new format... sorry but we're all dealing with it.

You can go to your avatar setup and drag your image within the frame to get a better result, see if that helps.

The alternative is to take a new picture or make a new jpg with a smaller focus point.

Reactions: Mad Farmer

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I tried resizing to a smaller image, it gets cropped the same way.
What size is the original and what size did you try reducing it to? Our avatar size is 96 x 96 so try reducing it to that size.
Edit: Just checked and the board suggests a 400 x 400 image size.

·
3,212 Posts
That the avatar is highly pixelated says maybe the resizing might have gone better too...

If you need help PM me and I can assist in working it out. 🍻

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That the avatar is highly pixelated says maybe the resizing might have gone better too...

If you need help PM me and I can assist in working it out. 🍻
The pixelated one there now is a result of me resizing the image. The original was not pixelated but got cropped in the same manner.

The problem seems to be with the site

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a problem with this new format... sorry but we're all dealing with it.

You can go to your avatar setup and drag your image within the frame to get a better result, see if that helps.

The alternative is to take a new picture or make a new jpg with a smaller focus point.
Dragging the image don't work either.

I put the orginal image back, and pixelation is gone.

Thanks for looking into this

·
5,111 Posts
What OS are you using?...try saving the png to your pictures, then try using photo editing software to turn it to JPEG there are some decent free photo editing programs available ..I use Irfranview it is really easy to download and to use

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What OS are you using?...try saving the png to your pictures, then try using photo editing software to turn it to JPEG there are some decent free photo editing programs available ..I use Irfranview it is really easy to download and to use

OS 10.11.6 macbook pro.

I copied the file and saved as jeg, have look, result is the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts